Pro Comp ES3000 Shocks - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pro Comp ES3000 Shocks

I've been searching through the forum with respect to information on the Pro Comp ES3000 series shocks but haven't found anything. I've also looked at procompusa.com and they say nothing about applications for a Frontier.

Does anyone have experience with/know if they have a rear shock that will be compatible with a 1.5-2" lift via PRG leaf springs? (about 2" longer than stock)

Thanks guys

PS: Do 2-3" front spacers cause coil bucket knocking ALL THE TIME or just under full suspension travel?

2012 Pro4x CC Knight Armour
Bone stock, but not for long!

And when I am not cruising in the snow...
1999 Civic SiR
Injen short ram intake
Large bore 4 to 1 race header with 2.5" collector
2.5" test pipe
Apexi N1 cat-back exhaust
Megan Racing coilovers with dampening control
5Zigen Fighter wheels in gunmetal
Spoiler delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Shift_Hardcore

To get them to work you will likely have to find the right sized bushing inserts and collars.
PRG's shock listed for a 2-4" lift is ~22.5 inches long at full extension if you want to use that as a benchmark. They aren't 2" longer than stock though, maybe closer to 1.5. Be prepared to unclip/modify the brake lines or replace them with longer ones.

Both 2 and 3 inch spacers allow coil bucket contact, but only with the 3" spacer will it be excessive.

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
#3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Shift_lurker

Thanks for the info. Since I despise random noises from vehicles, I think I will just save up more $$$ and go for coilover suspension in the front. It will be worth it in the end.

Anyone know what a realistic amount of lift would be, say with the Radflo 650 lb coilovers? I have read that the lift is between 0.5" and 3". Sounds reasonable since the overall length of the coilover, I believe, is 1" longer than the stock unit.

Please, everyone share their experiences with other brands of coilover suspension modifications (height gain, ride quality, noise, etc)

Thanks all!

2012 Pro4x CC Knight Armour
Bone stock, but not for long!

And when I am not cruising in the snow...
1999 Civic SiR
Injen short ram intake
Large bore 4 to 1 race header with 2.5" collector
2.5" test pipe
Apexi N1 cat-back exhaust
Megan Racing coilovers with dampening control
5Zigen Fighter wheels in gunmetal
Spoiler delete
#4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNMike View Post
Anyone know what a realistic amount of lift would be, say with the Radflo 650 lb coilovers? I have read that the lift is between 0.5" and 3". Sounds reasonable since the overall length of the coilover, I believe, is 1" longer than the stock unit.
CDNMike, I recently went from stock 2011 PRO-4X to adding the PRG Advanced 4WD Package (650lb Coils). It's well worth the $$$. I got about 2" of lift in the front and about 1.5" in the rear with the Deaver AAL. This is based on the stock PRO-4X FSM numbers. I'm going to crank up another 1/2 on the front to level out the truck and hope that the ride is still great. Good luck with your choice...

...No longer just "KickinTires"..., now along for the Ride!

2011 CC PRO-4X, 6-Speed, Leer 700 tonneau cover, Nissan hood protector, XPEL lens kit, ShrockWorks Sliders, Plates and Diff Cover. BFG All-Terrains 265/75-16. 2.0 PRG Radflo Coilovers w/ Eibach 650# Springs, PRG Upper Control Arms, PRG Deaver 2-Leaf Spring Packs, Bilstein 5125 Series Rear Shocks. Midland 1001 LWX w/ FireStik 4' Firefly Rear axle vent mod. ScanGaugeE and a few basic cosmetic interior upgrades...

Wheelin' Photos
http://www.pbase.com/kramerkrause/4_wheeling_images
http://www.pbase.com/kramerkrause/ra...ake_canyon2012

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.