Nissan Frontier Forum banner

PRG UCA without droop stop?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Florida_Fronty 
#1 ·
I purchased and am planning on installing 3" spacer front, 2" blocks rear. I ordered PRG UCA and cam bolts. I didn't specify which PRG UCA I wanted and got the UCA without the droop stop which is fine for my set up. But I also didn't mention that I will no doubt in the future upgrade to a Radflo coilover front. Will the PRG UCA without the droop stop work or should I return it now for the upgraded one with the droop stop. I don't mind spending the extra $$ if it will be better in the long run. The UCA's are the biggest part of my project and I want to do it right the first time. Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
If you plan to go offroad, I would be concerned with binding and possibly damaging your lower ball joints at full droop if using the UCA w/out the droop stop. The combined length of the 3" spacer and your stock shock is too long to limit the suspension from over-extending. PRG actually sells a kit with a 3" spacer and the SPC control arms, which do not have a droop stop either, so maybe it's okay. I would call Greg and see what he thinks. Perhaps another member with more suspension knowledge will chime in.

#3 ·
Thank you jbumx2. I'll give Greg a call today. I forgot to mention to him that I will no doubt upgrade to coilovers in the future and just wanted to be sure before I installed these that when I do upgrade to the coil overs I won't have to replace these UCA with one's with droop stop. I'd rather pay the extra upfront now before I install them then have to deal with it when I upgrade to coil overs.

#4 ·
Your UCA's will be fine when you upgrade. According to his website, current aftermarket coilovers come with internal droop stops and that is why he came up with that revised design (no droop stop). I'd be more concerned about any damage you may cause to your current shocks with your setup. If most of your driving will be street, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong here.

#5 ·
Thank you for your reply Elloc. I am a daily driver, street only. ( At this point in time anyway, but you never know if my son's want to borrow my truck for some off roading) I'm just doing the lift to fit 33's tires. I'm starting with the 3' spacers and will see how the ride is, especially since I'm street only, I didn't want to throw a ton of money into coilovers if I didn't need them. But.. if I hate the ride, or if I have constant bucket contact even with the bump stops and PRG UCA's I'm going to end up having to upgrade to the coilovers. That was why I was wondering if the UCA's without the droop stop would be ok... if, in the future, I upgraded to coilovers. Thank you for that information that the aftermarket coilovers come with internal droop stops. That makes me feel a lot better about installing these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.