Nissan Frontier Forum banner

PRG Advanced Coil Over SPC vs Coil over kit.

5K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Arthur_C 
#1 ·
It has been a few months since i did a 2 inch lift in my truck and i am very happy with everything so far but at the same time i feel like i need more. Currently i have Bilsteins 5100 in the Front and a Single AAL in the Rear.

I have ben looking at the PRG packages and am interested in the Advanced Coil over SPC and Advanced coil Over kit. They seem fairly identical with everything expect the Upper control arm.

Can Someone shine some light on the differences between the 2? its a 200 dollar difference and i want to know what i will be gained going with one over the other. My goal is to be around 3 inches of lift.

link for the kits are here in case its needed.

PRG Products

PRG Products

#2 ·
The PRG uca uses heim joints and uniballs.
The SPC uca uses bushings and the stock ball joints.That is mostly the cost diference.

#4 ·
Both offer 3" of lift. I like uniballs over ball joints.I would spend the $200.

#7 ·
btw....what is your ground to fender measurement? i never checked mine pre-lift. at 38" up front right now
i live in Texas, no snow to worry about.

i don't know. have to check

#8 ·
uniballs are great, aside from having to keep them clean. lots of travel, fairly durable. just clean em once a week. however, heim joints make lots of noise. at least they did on my race car and it was easily 2k lbs less than my truck with alot less travel. they hold up great but if you dont like pops and light "clunks" heims are obnoxious. they are extremely durable though. the spc adjusts at ball joint, where as prg adjusts in the arms. just different, wouldnt say one is better than the other

#10 ·
I hate clunks and any sorts of noises. At the same time i hate having to clean it every week but as long as its not hard i should be fine.

Centerline of wheel to edge of fender is a more common way to measure lift. Tire size does not matter this way.
Remember,cranking it up another inch will make your ride stiffer.

even with a lighter spring you think? i doubt it will be worse than 5100 maxed out.

#9 ·
Centerline of wheel to edge of fender is a more common way to measure lift. Tire size does not matter this way.
Remember,cranking it up another inch will make your ride stiffer.

#12 ·
Going to a lighter spring will not make a difference in ride height. You would have to crank it up more is all to maintain the same height of a heavier spring. look up "spring rate",

#13 ·
Shocks have nothing to do with maintaining ride height.

#15 ·
Sprngs are what control ride height.To increase the height you need to compress the spring more which in affect increases the stiffness.
look up suspension geometry.Explains acf,motion ratio,spring rate,wheel rate,,sprung weight,etc.

#16 ·
i understand that the spring needs to be compressed more to have a higher ride height but what is the difference between all the spring rates? why go with a 500 vs a 600 rate spring. thats my question.

#17 ·
I don"t know what I was thinking! I am wrong.The spring does not compress anymore at 3" of lift than @ 2.". Your droop decreases is all.
My bad.

#19 ·
i have no aftermarket front bumper nor do i plan on getting one any time soon. Would you suggest getting anything less than 600? maybe 500? i also do not have any sliders or steps.

#20 ·
Anyone ever order anything similar from Nisstech? can't get a hold of anyone at PRG and don't want to order without knowing they have it or not. considering other options.

#22 ·
I have the Nisstec M84 advanced coil overs and have ordered all of my suspension "stuff" from Nisstec. Very pleased with the experience. Great helpful advice on the phone and/or email from the guys at Nisstec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.