LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightingale View Post
Sweet...

Thank you
No problem. I definitely recommend doing it to your truck. Though 2" doesn't seem like much, it makes a world of difference in terms of looks, and it is definitely noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
Looks good!

btw, you can unclip the rear brakelines and abs lines if the lines dont have enough slack for you.
Yeah, that's the only thing I was worried about concerning the install, but surprisingly there was plenty of slack so I didn't need to leave any of the lines disconnected.

Last edited by jones68; 12-23-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Nice lift!!

Do you need the longer rear shocks, and hows the ride quality like stock?

Last edited by Burt; 12-24-2008 at 02:40 AM.
#13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones68 View Post
No problem. I definitely recommend doing it to your truck. Though 2" doesn't seem like much, it makes a world of difference in terms of looks, and it is definitely noticeable.
Wait till you get bigger and beefier tires than the crappy stock Long Trails. You'll spend hours of your life just staring at how much more awesome your truck will look. Trust me. I grew a full beard in the time that I was staring at mine.

Black 2007 King Cab SE 4x4 6-SPD
PRG Titan Swap:
PRG Titan Uppers - Titan 2.5 Radflos - Rear 5125 Bilsteins - PRG/Deaver Mini-Pack - PRG Adjustable Shackles - PRG/SAW Extended Axles
Superchips Cortex - Volant Intake - Jardine Cat-Back - Shrockworks engine & transmission skids - 285/75R16 Firestone Destination MT

Shift_4x4 = SHIFT_$x$
#14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Nice lift!!

Do you need the longer rear shocks, and hows the ride quality like stock?
Actually no, the stock shocks work fine, and I haven't really noticed a difference in ride quality.
#15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Shift_Fanatic

looks good man, i rember those days. I didnt plan on doing mods to my truck.... started with the same as u, then the 3" spacer now look, its addictive

TRUCK: 2006 nissan frontier kc 6 speed, red alert 4x4
LIFT: Calimini 5" 4x4 parts 2" BL. TIRES: 33/12.50/R20 nitto mud grapplers PERFORMANCE: superchips cortex, Volant cai, helix tbs, stillen catback exhaust. AUDIO: 7" flip screen dvd player, KICKER solo L7 15" Sub, Fusion 2000w amp OTHER MODS: Tru Trac, DIY bed liner, black bull bar, black side steps. BROKEN PARTS: Front diff, Trasfer case main seal x2, Tailgate
#16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Shift_Hardcore

looks good, i'm only a month away from getting my 2" lift from prg. i'm amazed at the difference such a little lift can make in how the vehicle looks. do you have any coil bucket contact or noise from the leaf springs?

2007 SE CC in Radiant Silver. 2" PRG Spacer front/Deaver rear, 2" AC BL, 285/75 r16 Yokohama A/T S, Westin Stainless Steel Bull Bar, Stainless Steel side steps, Kenwood HU with Direct Sirius, JBL 6x9's, JBL 6.5's, Kicker 10" CVT in custom box, Kicker ZX 300.2 amplifier, Bully Dog GT, Magnaflow exhaust, Lund Avenger bug shield, polished billet grille, SilverStar Ultra SU's, OEM Fog Light Kit, Weathertech Vent Visors, Philips Daylight LEDs custom mounted in grille, dark tint all around.
#17 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Shift_lurker

Looks really good. I'm on-line ordering mine now. Can't wait!

2007 nismo CC 4x4

Mods: Westin Nerf Bars, Delta Bed Bike Rack
#18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

So, all you needed to do was install the lift and thats all? If its that easy I will order one in the next couple weeks. Did you need to do any camber adjustments? Thanks.
#19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantsilver View Post
So, all you needed to do was install the lift and thats all? If its that easy I will order one in the next couple weeks. Did you need to do any camber adjustments? Thanks.
It was a fairly simple install, and the directions were pretty good. Luckily we have an auto hobby shop on the Air Force Base where I could get the entire vehicle up on a lift. If it's possible I highly recommend doing it this way rather than using a manual jack. Also its a good idea to have someone else with you especially when trying to slide the blocks in rear. As long as you have some decent knowledge of cars and a decent supply of tools you should be OK. Luckily I had a friend that knows all about that stuff or else I would have had no idea what I was doing. But hey, it only cost me $17.00 to rent a garage stall with full use of all their tools for 3 hours which was pretty sweet.

As far as adjustments, I'll probably take it in to have the alignment checked and adjusted just in case and then I'll be good to go.
#20 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to scuba91ta
Nice - same lift i did... Wish i had the extra 50 bucks at the time to do the deavers - Who wants a set of 1.5" blocks? The deavers will be on there way soon...

The ride quality definately did not change, and with the addition of the 33" tires - i noticed a marked improvement in ride quality because of the bigger sidewall of the tire.

2005 Frontier KC Nismo, Nitto TG 285/75/16's, PRG 2" Spacer/1.5" Blocks, SuperChips Tuned

1991 Pontiac Firebird - "Evil TA" - 12.08 @ 114 N/A

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.