Nisstec Lift Ordered - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nisstec Lift Ordered

After many many many hours of research I finally ordered a lift. I wanted something quality and mellow (not too high) to get a bit less of the "old Man" look and help out off road. Had my sights all set to go with the OME full kit but after a discussion with Chris at Nisstec about the direction I'm hoping to go with the truck etc I ended up ordering the Nisstec ultimate kit with adjustable shackles for the rear. Also got some adjustable camber bolts to help with alignment.

I'm pretty far from being a mechanic, but have a decent selection of tools, and a garage (with beer fridge) to work out of so my hope is to install on my own. I've already been searching how to's and been pounding appropriate nuts bolts etc. with PB blaster to get ready for the big day.

I'm pretty excited and can document my attempt if anyone has interest. Doesn't seem like a heck of a lot of folks are running this kit so hopefully it works out.

Also have to say that Chris at NissTec has been spectacular thus far. My initial e-mail inquiry on friday was answered within an hour and got him on the phone today with zero issues. Shipment also went out today.

Last edited by DeadlySheds; 11-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Shift_Fanatic

I found a heat gun to be a useful addition to the PB blaster. I used the low setting ~750Deg F. The lower shock bolts can be a bear to get loose.

That looks like a good option.

I think you'll like the kit. Which spring option did you get?
I went with the 2" Nisstec spacer and I think having an adjustable coilover is a big advantage. I think getting rid of the stock front spring was worth it as well. Mine is weak already and with the spacer it's going to be toast soon.

2008 SE 4WD, Crew Cab, Long Bed; Leer 180 Cap, 2" Receiver hitch, Trailer wiring in bumper. Cooper 245/75/16 M&S (Winter). Cooper 265/75R16 ATP (Summer). Full set of Hefty skids, TJM Coilover w/HD spring, SPC upper control arms and 2" rear add a leaf plus 1" block. TJM extended travel rear shocks. Pyle backup camera wired to a Pioneer radio.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Luckily my truck has only been on the road for a year, and stored in the garage when not in use so I'm hoping the bolts won't have seized up too much. I also undercoated it with fluid film before last winter.

I went with the 600 pound coils ( stiffer ones) as I hope to add a bumper and winch down the road. I asked Chris to try and have them set to give me around 2 inches of lift.

Thanks for the heat gun tip. I actually have one of those in the garage somewhere. I was under the impression that the can bolts were to tough ones but Ill be sure to get some blaster down around those too!
#4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Shift_Fanatic

The camber bolts are only torqued to 100 ft lbs. The lower shock bolts are torqued to 148 ft lbs. Both sets of bolts have nuts with tight threads, so there's a built in lock nut function to them. I almost destroyed the nut on one of the lower shock bolts getting it off. The PB blaster and heat made the other one a lot easier.

My truck is 4 years old, but we use mag chloride in Colorado so most of the underside is not rusted much.

Getting the truck well off the ground would help a lot with the camber bolts, mine were pretty tight.

2008 SE 4WD, Crew Cab, Long Bed; Leer 180 Cap, 2" Receiver hitch, Trailer wiring in bumper. Cooper 245/75/16 M&S (Winter). Cooper 265/75R16 ATP (Summer). Full set of Hefty skids, TJM Coilover w/HD spring, SPC upper control arms and 2" rear add a leaf plus 1" block. TJM extended travel rear shocks. Pyle backup camera wired to a Pioneer radio.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Shift_Obsessed

good job?
#6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
good job?
God, you're annoying.

2010 Frontier SE 4x4 (auto) CC - Night Armor
#7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Shift_Obsessed

sorry if i fail to see the necessity of starting a new thread for every parts purchase someone makes especially when the parts are nothing special.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Yesssss!!!! I finally got "zoomzoomed"!

Seriously though, if you are uninterested in my thread,don't waste your time reading it.

If you feel it is unnecessary or inappropriate let the moderators know and they can amend or delete as necessary.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: Fort Riley, Kansas (But hail from the great state of Louisiana!!)
If it were up to him, nobody would ever post anything, and this would simply be an archive of information. While it is that, it is also an online "community" where the intent is to share your current modding, wheeling, etc. etc. Its cool to read what people are ordering, then follow them through installation, and their review/opinion of it after the install. If you dont like it, dont read it. The only time wasted is your own...

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon manner, you command the attention of the world"

2008 NISMO Crew Cab
Leveling Spacer, Plasti-Dipped Rims, Blacked out tint all around, Flowmaster 40, AFE Intake & Throttle Body Spacer 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer STT's
#10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,671 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^Yup.

I haven't read too many reviews of this setup (assuming this is the one with Eibach coils, which I think it is?). I'm looking forward to seeing one.

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on

Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.