3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Lift Questions

I'm sure this has all been covered before somewhere, but I haven't found any exact answers. Post links to any threads or anything that might help me out if you don't feel like explaining any of this.

I have a stock sv 4x4 cc and I want to lift it a little. Mainly for aesthetics, as I don't do any serious offroading. I am looking at a 2" spacer for the front and either a 1.5" shackle or block in the rear.

1) From what I have read, a 2" spacer in the front does not require any other parts or modifications besides camber bolts. Is this correct?

2) Eventually I would like to add airbags to the rear, are blocks or shackles compatible with airbags?

3) I know blocks and shackles will wear out the leaf springs faster. From what I've read that's the only con with them for a 1.5" lift anyways. Is one better than the other for 1.5" of lift?

4) Will this set the truck about level? Doesn't have to be dead level, just don't want the front higher than the rear w/o a load.

Sorry for the nooby questions, I'm new to the whole lift thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to waric For This Useful Post:
Brian Lehane (03-25-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
*UPDATED* Suspension Lifts and Body Lifts for 2005+ *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING HERE*

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Suspension Lifts for 05+

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Robb
2014 Frontier CC Pro-4X
2009 Chevy Suburban
2008 Victory Jackpot 109hp/112ft.lbs
2012 Suzuki LTZ-400

Last edited by NYCe_Frontier; 01-07-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

I've read them, didn't see anything pertaining to the airbags with shackles or blocks, from pictures I've seen blocks look like they aren't an issue with airbags but I'm not sure about shackles.

Also it says lifts OVER 2" MAY require camber bolts, so does a 2" lift need them?

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waric View Post
I've read them, didn't see anything pertaining to the airbags with shackles or blocks, from pictures I've seen blocks look like they aren't an issue with airbags but I'm not sure about shackles.

Also it says lifts OVER 2" MAY require camber bolts, so does a 2" lift need them?
I have the 2 inch front lift and 1.5 inch rear blocks on my 2013. You definitely need the camber bolts on the front with the 2 inch lift if you want proper front end alignment.
waric likes this.

2013 SL Crew Cab. M205 with ARB Locker, Pathy Axles, Rear ARB Locker, CKMA12 Compressor, PRG 2"/1.5" Spacers, Bilstein 4600s, Magnaflow cat back, PIAA ATR 510 Series.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobus8 For This Useful Post:
Brian Lehane (03-25-2017), waric (01-09-2017)
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:21 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
I have blocks & bags in the back. The blocks seamed to be the easiest way to lift the back while still being able to haul varied loads. With the bed full of camping gear, 4 bodies in the cab & the popup hitched on, additional support was mandatory. I like trees but I don't need to see the tops of them while loaded to max GVWR at night, specially in deer country!! It was all bolt in, no fabricating spacers for the bag brackets as would be required with AAL or shackles. Mine sits + .5" in the rear as built, canopy installed. Welcome, congrats on your new ride BTW
waric likes this.

2012 Avalanche CCSB 4x4 SV Sport Package
What's Done- Hefty Fab Sliders, Leer Canopy, Y-pipe mod, Funky Fronty sticker peeled, Gentex Homelink mirror w/temp, Prodigy P2 brake controller, 7-pin in bumper, axle vent mod, AudioControl LC7i l.o.c./Kenwood KAC-M8005 5 ch amp/Polk DB651 x4/Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 10" sub.
Hanoook Dynapro ATM 275/65/18,
F. Bilstien 5100s @ 1.5" + a 1/2" PRG Spacer, Nissan Camber bolts,
R. 1.5" PRG Blocks & Firestone Ride Rite bags #2558

What's Next- SPC UCAs, Hefty Alum Skids ...

20 Rigs in 20 yrs of driving! Will this be the Last???

The Following User Says Thank You to OutFrontFrontier For This Useful Post:
waric (01-09-2017)
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Garage
Don't know your trucks info, you should put it in your sig. My 2011 has 2" spacers up front and did not need camber bolts. I would buy them, get it aligned and install if needed then return if you dont.

2011 Frontier SV 4x4 Long Bed
2" spacer
Adjustable shackle at 1"
Hefty Engine, Trans, and T-Case Skids
General Grabber AT2- 265/75/16
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordon View Post
Don't know your trucks info, you should put it in your sig. My 2011 has 2" spacers up front and did not need camber bolts. I would buy them, get it aligned and install if needed then return if you dont.
What year did they stop putting the adjustable camber bolts in from the OE build?

I just installed 2" spacers on my 16 and have not yet had the chance to get the alignment checked.

T CRO
2016 SV-VTP CC/LB 4X4 V6/AUTO
The Following User Says Thank You to teecro For This Useful Post:
waric (01-09-2017)
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

2013 black sv 4x4 4.0 v6 auto crew cab short bed, am I missing anything important there?

I did put it in the sig...idk what happened. I'll add it again when I get on a computer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2013 Frontier SV CCSB 4x4 4.0...auto
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waric View Post
1) From what I have read, a 2" spacer in the front does not require any other parts or modifications besides camber bolts. Is this correct?
I think you and have likely read the same info here and there... My take on it which could be entirely wrong is that with 2" or less you may or may not need to add camber bolts as that 2" is likely to only cause half a degree or less change in camber to which you may or may not still be within spec... Honestly I can not tell one bit that I've installed a 2" lift in the way it drives, we did a 1,200 plus mile round trip the day after the install...

T CRO
2016 SV-VTP CC/LB 4X4 V6/AUTO
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I just installed this kit a couple months back. PRG Products Great kit easy to install. As easy as pulling apart a leaf pack and putting it back together can be.....

As for the camber bolts. yes I got them as well and installed them and had a dealership do the alignment. Didn't want to burn any tires off.

I like the add-a-leaf better than blocks or shackles. I've run both on 4x4's in the past. Shackles spread the leaf out and don't give true lift along with making the truck not carry weight as well, I tend to overload it a lot..... Last load was about 4,000 lbs of floor tile....

Blocks can slip out under extreme load / torque. Just need to make sure you torque the u-bolts down properly and actually get under there and re-torque them periodically.

Adding air bags for load leveling would be simplest on blocks I think. Due to the simple nature of the blocks you can add a similar amount of "blocking" to one end of the air bag mount. I've sold tons of air bags back in my day working at Summit Racing. But I have yet to put any on a personal truck. I've worked on them on semi trucks but that's a bit different.

2015 Frontier Crew Cab
Front - PRG 2" spacers
Rear - Deaver 2" AAL
ARE truck cap
White Knuckle Off Road Sliders

Last edited by Jeeptodd; 01-09-2017 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added camber bolts detail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeeptodd For This Useful Post:
42midNight (01-10-2017), waric (01-09-2017)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.