lift purchase question. - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question lift purchase question.

I was looking into ordering a lift and I know you guys hear this 1000 x but I emailed PRG for advice and hadn't got a response yet understandably there busy. I'm looking at getting the UCA 3" spacer kit, and PRG Deaver 2" Frontier 2-Leaf Spring pack. I'm looking for some light wheeling and larger tires. This is a daily driver. If you don't agree with this what wold u reccomend and or add? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,471 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Depends on what you mean by "light wheeling." If you will encounter a lot of uneven terrain that will flex out your suspension, spacers are not ideal. But if all you are after is clearance, they'd suit you just fine. What are your reasons for wanting spacers and UCAs versus some type of economy coilover?

-Jennifer

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on

Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed
#3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniorNV View Post
What are your reasons for wanting spacers and UCAs versus some type of economy coilover?
^ This is what it will come down to.

Personally, I would never suggest spending that kind of money for a 3" spacer lift...even if looks and clearance were the only goal. If the truck is going to do any off roading, I would suggest you take that same amount of money, keep the stock upper arms and get a nice set of coilovers instead.

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
#4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Depends on what you mean by "light wheeling." If you will encounter a lot of uneven terrain that will flex out your suspension, spacers are not ideal. But if all you are after is clearance, they'd suit you just fine. What are your reasons for wanting spacers and UCAs versus some type of economy coilover?
To be honest I don't know much about suspension and it seemed like the economical way of doing it.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Fair enough. To me, aftermarket UCA's bump it out of the "economical" category though. I'm with 05Fronty4x - I'd rather use that money to buy some coilovers. But coilovers will change the ride quality more and some need periodic servicing.

-Jennifer

Suspension Lift Info 05+

The Following User Says Thank You to JeniorNV For This Useful Post:
Sixspeed-SV (11-30-2012)
#6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:34 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Fair enough. To me, aftermarket UCA's bump it out of the "economical" category though. I'm with 05Fronty4x - I'd rather use that money to buy some coilovers. But coilovers will change the ride quality more and some need periodic servicing.
OK let's try to ask it this way, you have less than $1000 what's ur suspension set up going to be?
#7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecContractor View Post
OK let's try to ask it this way, you have less than $1000 what's ur suspension set up going to be?
I had less than $1000 to spend, and I went with economy coilovers up front, and Deavers with upgraded shocks in the back. But there isn't a one-size-fits-all lift. What's right for me may not be right for you. That's why I'd prefer to give you the pros and cons of each approach and let you make your own decision. If you like the way the truck rides now, don't want the hassle of servicing the coilovers (not all need servicing), and don't really care about suspension travel because you don't need it for the type of terrain you drive on, then there isn't anything wrong with getting spacers/UCA's. I chose a different option because I care about suspension travel a great deal, and I don't care a whole lot about ride quality because this isn't my DD. Having said that, some of the coilover options are an improvement over the stock ride quality (some are worse).

Here are a couple other options to consider:

NissTec Ultimate Lift Kit - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

NissTec Radflo OE Length Ultimate Kit - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

-Jennifer

Suspension Lift Info 05+

Last edited by JeniorNV; 11-30-2012 at 02:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeniorNV For This Useful Post:
Sixspeed-SV (11-30-2012)
#8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Shift_Newbie

Here are a couple other options to consider:
NissTecc Ultimate Lift Kit - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

NissTec Radflo OE Length Ultimate Kit - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

So now I have to ask for a $100 is there a noticeable difference between those two kits? Also is what's the difference between AAL and shackles and 500lb coils and 600lb? Thanks
#9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:17 AM
Shift_Hardcore

The only difference between those kits is the front shock, one is a Radflo and the other is built on the Bilstein 5100. I'd probably go for the Radflos for another $100.

Shackles lift the rear by pushing the rear mounting point of the leaf springs down (this actually de-archs the leaf pack slightly), where as an AAL arches the leaf pack more and maintains the same mounting points. 500lb coils will be closer to the spring rate of the stock coils, and the 600lb coils should be reserved for setups with increased nose weight (heavy duty bumper, winch, etc.)

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs

Last edited by 05Fronty4x; 11-30-2012 at 03:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 05Fronty4x For This Useful Post:
JeniorNV (11-30-2012)
#10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

^I had a reply typed out, but he answered it better than I did.

-Jennifer

Suspension Lift Info 05+

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.