cst and xd addicts - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Shift_lurker

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cst and xd addicts

Hey guys I know this has been on her before I just want to check. I have 20 inch xd addicts and want to run 33x12.5x20 Toyo Mt's. My question is will the cst spindles work with the set up I want to run. The back space is 5.71. Offset is 18. Someone please help me before I spend the money on the spindles. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I spoke with CST a few months ago because I was considering running the spindle with my 18" Addicts. They will tell you max backspacing is 5" and it won't work. There was a member running Moto Metal 951's with the CST spindles though, and they have even more backspacing than we do with the Addicts. He posted pics of the set up and you can see there is MINIMAL clearance. You may be better with the 20" wheel than the 18's, but I think you'd run into issues with the 12.5" wide tire too. If you know you want to run the spindles I'd order some 1/4" or 1/2" wheel spacers and go for it. You may find you have adequate clearance and don't need the small spacer. If you need the spacer you can run a slightly wider spacer in the back to maintain running width front to rear.

2008 Red Brawn Crew Cab SE, 2wd
Mods: Pathfinder switch covers, chrome westin nerf bars, OEM fog lights, 18" XD Addicts w/ 285/60 Cooper zeon ltz's, Bilstein 5100's at 2.0", 1.5" PRG block with 5125 Bilsteins
#3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Shift_lurker

Garage
Alright after I posted this I searched cat with xd addicts and found 4 people with this set up. I don't really want spacers. I heard they are no good. What's the back space on a stock rim ??
#4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

It depends on the wheel, the 5 spokes from my 08 SE were 16x7 with a +30 offset. That works out to a backspacing of about 5.2". The Addicts have about 5.75" backspacing. From what I have read the two areas that cause fit issues with the spindles are the tie rods and the upright of thespindle itself. With a 20" wheel the tie rods should not be an issue. The wheels "should" fit with the upright based on this thread by armywarrant, but it'll be close:

Wheel Clearance w/CST spindles...very close! - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum

I don't know if the tire you want to run will be too wide though. Most people running the spindles but a spacer or adapter in the back to keep the same track width front to rear, and a small spacer up front shouldn't give you issues. I understand the aversion though, it's one of the reasons I held off on adding the spindles. I'm hoping for someone else to test it first, so with that in mind - Go for it!

2008 Red Brawn Crew Cab SE, 2wd
Mods: Pathfinder switch covers, chrome westin nerf bars, OEM fog lights, 18" XD Addicts w/ 285/60 Cooper zeon ltz's, Bilstein 5100's at 2.0", 1.5" PRG block with 5125 Bilsteins

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.