Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Another T-swap in progress

8K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  nismo43 
#1 ·
So I'm very excited to finally start piecing in my titan swap!!::grin:: I was going to wait till next year but Dirt King Fab's cyber monday made me pull the trigger and buy the first part of the suspension. The package arrive in TWO days which I was surprised from. Now I just need to give Greg from Prg a call for some extended axles and order some lcas. Ill post some pics one I have everything together. BTW is anyone else here running dirt kings ucas?

#3 ·
I have not heard of anybody else running dirt king uca's on their titan swap but I have been thinking about it when I do mine. I might do the titan dirt king lca's also, its just a lot more $$$.

#10 ·
Haha T1 is badass. That's their newest long travel kit from DK. I am the only person iv ever seen/met/heard of that is running DK uppers with Titan lowers. Basically all they are are a knock off version of PRG. According the Greg they ordered a set and literally jigged it up and shot their own metal at it. Only real different is DK uses a bigger uniball and where the arms hit the balls they do NOT overlap the cups like iv seen PRG does.. They are basically the same arms tho! Iv never had a problem with them at all tho threw all the dirt miles on them. If you slam hard enough they can hit the inner fender wells but that's self clearencing, barely taps it.. Hope that helps a little bit. Not on this forum too much anymore as no one has help with offroad related things lol but I can get a picture for ya if you want and if I see this again haha

#12 ·
So here is a picture of what came in with my DK t-swap kit. I got my oem lowers on their way so they should arrive next. I canceled my extended axles at prg because I decided to swap my diff out as well. I found out the M205 with 2.94 gears run cheaper than the 3.36 so ill just get 2.94 since ill be swapping out the gears. Either 4.11 or 4.56 but not sure yet. I don't mind going without 4x4 until i get my rear titan diff.

What brand axles are everyone with t-swaped fronties running? Does any have any experience with Cardone axles? They are $70.92/axle. Here is a link to them

Cardone® - Nissan Titan 2004-2014 Constant Velocity Drive Axle

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Sorry wrong pictures. Those were yours. I really like how they're boxed.

I know of one Xterra owner that bought the cardone axles and after a few runs put stock axles in as he felt the cardone set was sloppy. He might be the only one that would have felt that way as he has now bought a set of RCV Chromolly axles for 2 grand.
Well my wheeling is not that intense so I doubt I'll feel the difference. I just get the cardone.

#20 ·
you are fine putting the diff in as long as you do not engage 4wd. i personally wouldnt put it in. not because i wouldnt trust myself or others. but if its out of sight out of mind. seeing it sit in your garage every day will help motivate you.

as for what titan axles to go with. i battled with this myself for a little while. different aftermarket options and subtle differences. i believe i went with the cardone as well. they were having a sale when i bought mine. they were 30$ a piece.

now i have never had an issue with either one and they have been in for roughly a year and a half. but when i bought them, i purchased a spare. i would way rather my axle fail on me than my whole diff. and at 30$, if and when they do fail or leak ect. ill just swap it out with a brand new one.

since they are bolt in and not input shaft like our factory diffs. they are very very easy to replace on the fly, trail, ect. simply pop the wheel off, pull the cotter pin then nut. and ubolt the other end and it will nearly fall out.

#33 ·
Yes, it was a lot simpler than I first thought. A rubber mallet and penetrating oil were very much need. The second side was much easier. For anyone doing the swap I suggest spraying every bolt and nut pb blaster first and then breaking every nut loose before you start tearing things down.

Sorry for the turned picture

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.