Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2014 cc sv 4x4 lift question

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  raine 
#1 ·
Ok so i have read the sticky. I just received my 3" spacer 2" shackle lift in the mail. My question is, will it hurt my truck to still haul my 4k lb bass boat? It says leaf springs will flatten over time. Also if i do the bilstein 5100 up grades will i have to extend anything after putting them on? 1 more thing, if i did the 5100 upgrade can i still add a 2" bodylift or is it not gonna work with the 5100?

#2 ·
you will run into some issues running the 3" up front on stock upper control arms.
the 2" in the rear is fine, with the bils.
and it will hurt it more than not hauling a 4k bass boat.
i would eventually swap to some heavy duty springs and remove the shackles.

i dont follow you on needing to extend anything after you put rear shocks on? you have to put new rear shocks on because you put the shackles on and took the factory shocks out of their range of travel.

and the body lift has nothing to do with the shocks.

good luck!

#3 ·
your towing should be just fine, the leaf springs will flatten over time regardless from normal wear and tear, adding the 5100 would give you a better ride, with the 3 inch up front you may need to get extended brake lines, yes you can still do a body lift after installing 5100 they have nothing to do with the body lift.

#4 ·
3" spacer lift up front is too high without UCAs, you'll be part of the coil bucket contact club without mods or aftermarket UCAs. As for the rear... If anything the shackle may actually 'help' flatten your springs quicker, because under a heavy load (the trailer with a boat on it) the extended shackles will pull the springs foutwward farther than with the regular shackles... an AAL might be better than the shackle, especially since you're actually hauling something (not just lifting for looks).

If you're considering the Bilstein 5100 upgrade, front 5100's if I remember reading it correctly you can only do 2.5" up front with just the 5100. I would not recommend upgrading to 5100s, setting them at 0-lift, then adding the spacer above to get your 3" lift because at that point you're going to have too much droop, which is bad for 4WDs.

Regular 5100 rear's can do 2"ish... but you can get 5100/5125's that can do 2-3" for the same price.

And 3rd to say body lift has nothing to do with suspension parts... in fact, if you want a 3"/2" lift overall, one option is to do a 2" body lift and a 1" lift spacer. That preserves the comfortable ride, if you upgrade to 5100's later they would be a quick bolt-on affair

#5 ·
Might be a stupid question, what is uca? I see people say uca, lca. What do those mean? So even right now i can't install my 3" spacer on the front without doing other things to it? I was told that is the max you can go without having to change brake lines and axles.

#6 · (Edited)
UCA - Upper Control Arm
LCA - Lower Control Arm

You can install your 3" spacer but because you're moving the actual position of the shock downward. The whole front suspension at full extension will now be able to drop way beyond factory spec; your OEM length brake lines might not be long enough anymore to reach beyond full extension... and the last thing you want to do is rip a brake line out.

Also, you'll have to remove the ABS wires from their mounting bracket to give it some slack and use zip ties or something similar to secure them. As for driving around, you'll need to get an alignment since your camber/toe will be off (due to the lift) and if you hit a dip or pothole, or drive of an uneven angle (like sideways off a driveway) you will most likely get coil bucket contact.

Please read the suspension sticky:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...s-2005-please-read-before-posting-here-63966/

#7 ·
Gotcha, just need to know what uca and lca is. Was just confused with the 3" spacer problem. Seemed like andrew was trying to say i cannot run the 3" spacers without changing a bunch of stuff. I am aware of the bc problem. What brake lines do yall recommend for the front? Can't i just let them free hang instead of putting the bracket back on?

#12 ·
Anywhere from $200 to 700+... that's eBay vs. Total Chaos, the others (SPC, PRG, Calmini) fit in between price-wise. LCAs are a lot more ($4 digits) but you don't need LCAs for what you're doing, it would be overkill.

#14 ·
coil bucket means that you are getting more travel out of your suspension than stock. Doesn't really hurt anything except for your ears. The contact spot or line will wear the paint and rust over time. You can mount a bump stop on the upper control arm and make the contact rubber on metal instead of metal on metal. Here is a picture of the Upper Control Arm. It is the round puck on the UCA.

#17 ·
Ok so I installed my lift, doesn't have cbc yet and I have hit speed bumps, potholes, dips etc.... how does the offset work? I wanna run 18x9 wheels like ballistic rage wheels but they are 12mm offset and I want a wider stance for my truck. What's the biggest or lowest offset we can run?

#18 ·
Jack the front end up until the wheel and tire is hanging off the ground, then look at the upper arm and see if it's resting on the coil bucket. That will tell you if you'll get CBC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.