Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Stains on the headliner

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  fortrun 
#1 ·
I bought my frontier used and the headliner had smoke brown/yellow stains. I was wiping the inside down with some armor-all wipes and tried to wipe a spot on the headliner. The stain came right off. I got all the stains out and the wipes had febreeze in them so it left a clean smell. I never thought to take pics. But it worked for me. Just wanted to pass the word on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I know this thread is old, but for the sake of others with this issue, I've also had success in simply vacuuming my headliner on other vehicles I've owned. It take a while to do, but using a vacuum hose with a horizontal attachment seems to do the trick just fine. Make sure you do the entire headliner, other wise some parts will end up looking cleaner than others.

#5 ·
I had the same problem a while back, I used a microfiber cloth an wiped it out with upholstery cleaner. For grease stains, a water and vinegar mixture actually does the trick to clean it out. I sprayed on a freshener and let some air in to get rid of any smell. I vacuum my headliner from time to time along with the rest of the interior to maintain it.

#6 ·
Hmmm, am thinking that vacuuming one's headliner might encourage it to prematurely pull away from the backing upon which it is glued?
YMMV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.