Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Best way to remove decals applied by dealership?

10K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Gfromleeds 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to remove that goofy decal left on the back of my truck that lets everyone know which dealership I bought my truck at. I don't exactly have access to a hair dryer or heat gun at the moment.

#2 ·
I always put some car wax down, then some hot water over it, then just use finger nail to peel
or if your have a heat gun, takes 5 seconds over sticker, then peels off easy !

#3 ·
Not sure what country you are in or if you have access to a Harbor Freight store, but if you do, here is a coupon to get a heat gun for $8.99. I have used this one for multiple purposes for over 3 years now and it still works fine. But even if you just use it for this one time, the time savings will make the cost and time to pick it up all worth while.

Though the coupon does expire today, March 15th so you would have to buy it today and if you are not near a store, the shipping will be $6.99, but it still gets you a heat gun for 16 bucks without you leaving the house.

Coupon Display

#5 ·
I just use a plastic bludger tool similar to what you use to remove interior trim. It has a fine leading edge that will get underneath without scratching the paint. Course it depends what kind of sticker it is too...

Another method that has been used with success is waxed floss (like for your teeth) Particularly if you want to remove the factory badging.

#8 ·
Wait until you have access - heat is safest way to soften the glue and Goo-Gone or WD-40 to remove residual glue.

#11 ·
Anytime I've removed bumper stickers, window stickers, parking permit stickers, dealer stickers (bugs, tar, anything stuck to the outside of my 08 Frontier CC), I take as much off by hand as possible, mostly just to expose more of the sticky surfaces. That done, I grab a bottle of Goo Gone Spray Gel (if I don't have any handy, PAM cooking spray works just as good) and spray it in the evening. The next morning, a small rag and very little, if any, elbow grease, and there is no evidence the sticker was ever there. Rinse with water, and done!

#14 ·
The best way I've found to remove any decals is by using WD-40 to pre-soak the decal. Once you spray it down and let it sit for a few minutes, usually you can use your finger to peal the decal off. I actually found this out when I had to remove huge decals from the side of a RV....days worth of removal.

#16 ·
Most medical supplies sell a medical adhesive remover that breaks down the adhesive behind the decal. I have never had it effect the paint, but would try it on a hidden spot before using.

After a good soaking, the decal peels right off. Any remaining adhesive just wipes off....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.