Replacing Factory Speakers - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I will be installing my XG-700, Polk DB6501's and Sirius tuner for the H/U for X-mas and can't wait. Post some pics when you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez
All caps isn't nearly as annoying as a couple of people around here that think they have to capitalize the first letter in every word. It's like their whole post is a book title.

msubullyfan
2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO
Aztec Red Crew Cab

Appearance Mods: NISMO Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles, Pathfinder Silver Window Switch Trim
Audio Mods: Pioneer AVIC-D3, CD-I200, GEX-P920 XM Tuner, RF P450.4 Amp, Polk db6500 Components & Alpine SPS-17C2 Coaxials, RF 200.2 Amp, RF P210S4 Subwoofer, SuperCrew Sound Subwoofer Box
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Installing the rear speakers is really easy. Just loosen the seat belt bolts and pop it off.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by msubullyfan
All caps isn't nearly as annoying as a couple of people around here that think they have to capitalize the first letter in every word. It's like their whole post is a book title.
You mean like this?
Appearance Mods: NISMO Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles, Pathfinder Silver Window Switch Trim
Audio Mods: OEM 6-CD Changer, OEM Satellite Radio Pre-Wiring, OEM XM Tuner and iPod Controller, JL Audio CleanSweep, RF P450.4 Amp, Polk db6500 Components & Alpine SPS-17C2 Coaxials, RF 200.2 Amp, RF P210S4 Subwoofer, SuperCrew Sound Subwoofer Box
haha, sorry.

2007 SE CrewCab LB
CST spindles, PRG spacers, TJM leaf springs, 3"tapered blocks, 5100 F/R Bilsteins, extended stainless brake lines, CST bearing drop bracket.
18" Nismo option wheels with 285/65/18 Toyo Open Country ATII
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Shift_Obsessed

No. I Mean Like This. I Just About Can't Even Read Posts Like This. It's So Hard To Follow Posts With The First Letter Of Every Word Capitalized.

msubullyfan
Aztec Red Crew Cab

Audio Mods: Pioneer AVIC-D3, CD-I200, GEX-P920 XM Tuner, RF P450.4 Amp, Polk db6500 Components & Alpine SPS-17C2 Coaxials, RF 200.2 Amp, RF P210S4 Subwoofer, SuperCrew Sound Subwoofer Box
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Not to thread crap or anything but since I bascially have the same question I figured I'd ask it here.

What kind of speakers come from the factory? And would there be an econimcal set of speaks (<$50/pair) that would be a signifcant upgrade sound wise from the factory speakers.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwaterstout
Not to thread crap or anything but since I bascially have the same question I figured I'd ask it here.

What kind of speakers come from the factory? And would there be an econimcal set of speaks (<$50/pair) that would be a signifcant upgrade sound wise from the factory speakers.
I'll assume that you don't have any intentions of adding an amplifier and just want to run speakers straight off the head unit.

Here are a couple that will fit the bill...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FC-1680ie.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...TS-A1671R.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+SPS-17C2.html

My personal preference is the Alpines, but speaker selection is as much about personal preference as anything else.

If you upgrade the speakers, you may notice a decrease in bass. This is more due to the improvement of the high-frequency sounds from the speakers more than it is due to a decrease in bass response.

You might consider spending $250 and replacing your door speakers and adding a self-powered subwoofer under one of the front seats to help round out the entire sound curve. That's a pretty good upgrade for the money.

The stock speakers are Panasonics.

Oh -- if you have stock tweeters (not sure which model truck you have), just leave them in place.

msubullyfan
Aztec Red Crew Cab

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
I'll assume that you don't have any intentions of adding an amplifier and just want to run speakers straight off the head unit.

My personal preference is the Alpines, but speaker selection is as much about personal preference as anything else.

If you upgrade the speakers, you may notice a decrease in bass. This is more due to the improvement of the high-frequency sounds from the speakers more than it is due to a decrease in bass response.

You might consider spending $250 and replacing your door speakers and adding a self-powered subwoofer under one of the front seats to help round out the entire sound curve. That's a pretty good upgrade for the money.

Oh -- if you have stock tweeters (not sure which model truck you have), just leave them in place.
If I were to replace speakers like the examples you just gave above, do you know if they will fit without having to use the grills that come with the pair? Will they fit like the factory ones behind the factory door grills? Basically, will it be undetectable that they are replacements?
Thanks!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:

Would these work for both the front and rear door speakers? And, would they fit under the factory grilles?

George
2005 SE CC Radiant Silver V6 4WD | ScanGaugeII | Volant CAI | SilverStar Ultra headlights | AVS Bugflector II & Ventvisors | OEM Foglights | Custom Exhaust w/MagnaFlow muffler | WRP Grounding Kit | RT QuickLift ELITE hood struts | Donnelly Temp/Compass mirror | OEM Sidesteps | UnderCover Tonneau cover|
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreamer
Would these work for both the front and rear door speakers? And, would they fit under the factory grilles?
They should work for both front and rear. The stock front speakers are 6x9, so you'll need to buy an adapter plate (about $10 for a pair).

I haven't heard of anyone having problems with these speakers not fitting. Now that I think of it, I don't remember anyone ever making a post saying a certain speaker WOULD NOT fit, regardless of what the "experts" at Crutchfield say on their Web site.

msubullyfan
Aztec Red Crew Cab

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Audio / Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.