Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Replace OEM speakers??

19K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jonbth 
#1 ·
Hi all, I want to simply replace my OEM speakers with a decent quality, nothing crazy, just OEM specs speakers....where can I find these?
:2cool:
I have a 2002 crew cab with Rockford Fosgate system that has blow a woofer...
Thx all.....

#2 ·
#3 ·
If all your doing is replacing your factory speakers, check them to see what ohm they are. If they are 2 ohms, and you replace them with 4 ohms, then the volume will be about half of what it was at a given level.

#5 ·
Use a digital multimeter in the ohms mode.

Let me tell you that I've replaced factory speakers in both a 1998 and 2004 Frontier, and in a 1998 Pathfinder. Nissan factor speakers are special size and have special connectors. You can drill holes in the door metal to mount common size speakers, or you can buy adapter mounts from Crutchfield or on Ebay. I soldered on the terminals for the new speakers but adapter harness can be purchased. But you'd still save money over special-order crummy Nissan factory speakers. I'm in Arizona, and all three of those vehicles had speaker "paper" that was in shreds just from age and heat.

Taking off the door panels is straightforward once you know the order of removal, especially if you have a door panel clip tool (under $10, recommended). If you don't remove the door handle surrounds correctly, you can break their mounting tabs.

#8 ·
Most any auto parts store will have a set of plastic panel removal tools for sale.

#9 ·
i saw this post and figured i would ask my question here, i want to replace the stock speakers in my 04 cc but want to use adapters to install them in the door as well as wire adapters and was wondering if any one here has ever used some? i have seen them on ebay but dont know if they are any good or not

#10 ·
I installed Kicker 6.5" components in the front and Kicker 5.25 coaxils in rear on my 09 KC. Purchased some plastic adapter plates from sonicelectronix, but didn't have any luck finding wiring adapters so I ended up cutting them and installing butt connectors on the wires. The entire proccess was pretty straight forward and can be done in a couple of hours tops. You will spend more time taking the door panels off and reinstalling than anything else.

Hope this helps some.

SQ

#11 · (Edited)
When I had my 1st generation I installed 6.5 speakers by cutting the old speaker out of the plastic mount part and was able to screw the new speakers to that plastic piece. That means no drilling new holes or using crappy adapters. Also, you can use a much taller speaker without clearance issues.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.