Fi Bl 10 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Capps
Fi Bl 10

i just got my BL im today and Im starting on a fiberglass enclosure for it tomorrwow but Im looking for an amp now. So far I have he ED nine.1, AQ 1000.1, RF 1000D, sundown 1000.1 and the Autotek MM1000.1 in mind. Any other suggestions?

2002 XE
Exterior:4300 H.I.D.s in headlights and fogs, T-bar crank and 2" shackles, Caalmini shocks, 5% over 20% tint, stubbie antenna, stock rims painted black, fender flairs painted back black, black lo-pro UWS toolbox, vent visors and bugflector, factory mud flaps off and 2nd Gen badge on rear

Interior:Alpine IVA-W200, 2 Icon MT-743 Headrest monitors, Liliput 6.5" rearview mirror monitor, Kicker kx200.2, Alpine 6.5" components in custom fiberglass panels, 10" FI BL, RD Audio 1000.1, FlowMaster 40 series, custom Y pipe, Volant CAI.

Coming soon: Copper STTs, Smooth tailgate and roll pan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Get a real amp ! none of that car audio fourms bull **** stuff .FI makes nice subs ,have yet to take a listen to one .But I would look for an amp baised on what/how you built your FI woofer, for daily SPL or SQ .Look at a JL for a nice SQ amp .If your trying to blow the dors off the truck look into something bigger that pulls ungodly ammounts of current .Im just not into all those off the wall amp brands .JL fan boy #37
#3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Capps View Post
So far I have he ED nine.1, AQ 1000.1, RF 1000D, sundown 1000.1 and the Autotek MM1000.1 in mind. Any other suggestions?
the BL will be fine on 1000w, but it can take more. id get a little overhead if youre into that sort of thing. the sundown 1500 is currently on sale.

i know the RF is solid. i also own 2 MM1400.1, they are good cheap power, but im thinking of switching to sundowns eventually.

little to no experience with the 9.1 or the AQ tho.
#4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_tylr View Post
Get a real amp ! none of that car audio fourms bull **** stuff .FI makes nice subs ,have yet to take a listen to one .But I would look for an amp baised on what/how you built your FI woofer, for daily SPL or SQ .Look at a JL for a nice SQ amp .If your trying to blow the dors off the truck look into something bigger that pulls ungodly ammounts of current .Im just not into all those off the wall amp brands .JL fan boy #37

Sundown Audio is no BS...Neither is the ED nine.1...I would personally get the sundown 1000d. if nothing else get the 1500 just in case you want to go bigger down the road. The sundown blew the $**t out of my Memphis subs. I would get another sundown but I dont need that much power any more since I got the truck. Im running a JL 500.1 pushing a 12w6v2.

[COLOR="Red"]
#5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SQnismo
id do a sundown 1500D.

my brother has 1500 going to his 15" Q and it still seems like it can take more.

'06 CC NISMO 4X4
VISUAL MODS: 5% TINT(1% TOTAL ON REAR), SILVINA SILVERSTARS, 9" AMI STUBBI, PATHY SWITCH COVERS, RED LED WINDOW SWITCHES, HELLA 500's ON CUSTOM LIGHTBAR
PROFORMANCE MODS: FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES SUV, AIR BOX MOD, K&N DROPIN, PRG 3" FRONT LIFT, AC 3" AAL, 285/75-R16 DICK CEPEK FUN COUNTRY II, R1 CONCEPTS ROTERS, SS BREAKLINES
AUDIO: ECLIPSE CD5000, CDT AUDIO COMPONENTS, 2 10" ALPINE-S, ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH 325.2, STEP 1 OF "BIG 3" UPGRADE
#6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Shift_Obsessed

why in the hell would you want a 1000-1500w sub in a KC truck? are you trying to make yourself deaf in less than a year? im running 250wrms and its just about right for my CC.

05 LE CC 4X4. SUPER BLACK
#7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

The BL is 1k rms. I know most guys are running around 1.2k to theirs but I feel like 1k will be plenty. Im going to an overhaul on the electrical before I install everything so thats not a concern...

Im kinda leaning toward a nine.1 but Im still unsure.

Why do you say those amps are BS blaze? Ever used any of them or read about them? Most of those amps are putting out OVER rated power and a damn good price. Not that JL is bad but it isnt the be all end all company. Out of all the companys I listed, autotek is at the bottom of the list and thats still a really good budget amp.

2002 XE
Exterior:4300 H.I.D.s in headlights and fogs, T-bar crank and 2" shackles, Caalmini shocks, 5% over 20% tint, stubbie antenna, stock rims painted black, fender flairs painted back black, black lo-pro UWS toolbox, vent visors and bugflector, factory mud flaps off and 2nd Gen badge on rear

Interior:Alpine IVA-W200, 2 Icon MT-743 Headrest monitors, Liliput 6.5" rearview mirror monitor, Kicker kx200.2, Alpine 6.5" components in custom fiberglass panels, 10" FI BL, RD Audio 1000.1, FlowMaster 40 series, custom Y pipe, Volant CAI.

#8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
why in the hell would you want a 1000-1500w sub in a KC truck? are you trying to make yourself deaf in less than a year? im running 250wrms and its just about right for my CC.
Inefficient sub plus headroom. His tastes are probably different from yours as well.

The Sundown amps are excellent choices. I've been running a 1500 for about a year and ordered a trio of 100.2s for my truck. Whoever thinks that you have to stick with a mainstream company to get a good product is delusional. With many of the mainstream companies you pay more for the name than the product and the majority of the purchase price goes to paying for the distribution network and all the middlemen.

JL used to be a local house brand, BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_tylr View Post
JL makes nice amps. They're quite proud of them as reflected by the price. Saying that they are a better choice for an SQ based system than the likes of Sundown is plain ignorant, though. If you want to talk really high end amps, JL isn't on the list. Not that the likes of Audison, Brax, Helix, Genesis or Sinfoni are worth their price either.

Your post is a total contradiction as well. Fi does not have a dealer network, they are only available via direct sales via *omg* the internet! They are the definition of an internet brand. Sundown actually has a dealer network and is available from real brick and mortar audio shops. If you're a JL nuthugger, fine, but don't put down someone else's choice of amp because of your own brand bias. Just so you know, back before you were still thinking about learning to drive, JL was a local house brand as well.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Last edited by helotaxi; 07-18-2008 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

my vote goes for the saz1500s also ,1 for headroom, 2 because of the customer support. and the one bad thing about the 9.1 that i read is that if u ever get any problem with it thats when ed's shady side comes out. and what options did u get for the bl?

Last edited by southpole1989; 07-18-2008 at 01:46 PM.
#10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I didnt get any options on it. I didnt really feel the need to. I just wanted something the could handle quick bass from rock songs but still sound good on the little bit of rap and country I listen to...

2002 XE

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Audio / Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.