worthless lojack - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
worthless lojack

i recently bought a 2006 nissan frontier in puyallup washington and i live south of spokane. i was suppose to have two keys and they could only find one so they said they would make another key and send it to me. it came in the mail the other day but along with it was a key fob witch didn't work and no idea what it did and no notes either, come to find out through research on google it is a lojack with a dead battery and is not supported in whitman county totally worthless. could this have to do with the hard starting or is my camshaft position sensor bad like the scanner says? the dealer wants 97 bucks for the sensor plus over 100 bucks to scan it. so i went to autozone and bought my own scanner for 30 bucks and it told me about the bad sensor. by the way whitch side is bank 2 or should i replace both just to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:12 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage
key fobs usually need to be programmed together. The procedure is probably somewhere on this forum but I'm a newb still and haven't looked. If not it will be in the FSM or owners manual. Not sure what lojack would have to do with your key FOB or a cam position sensor. If your car is saying you have a problem with a cam position sensor I would test that first before thinking it anything else. If they are cheap enough I sway swap them both out. Like headlights, when one blows the other is surely to follow.

The Following User Says Thank You to robj80 For This Useful Post:
waxman (05-20-2017)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i am planning to change the sensor soon. to bad the lojack is not supported in this area.

i am planning on replacing the sensor soon. it is to bad lojack is not supported here.

Last edited by nicetruck; 05-20-2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > DIY - Do It Yourself / Tech Tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.