VDC off turns off ABLS????? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VDC off turns off ABLS?????

I am new to this truck and a lot of its features, but I thought I had read where someone stated that turning the VDC off would also turn off the ABLS. The truck in question is a 06 NISMO 4x4 with the traction package and other various options. This morning on my way to work I turned the VDC off and jammed on the gas....just for fun, what is the use of 265 hp if you can smoke the tires sometimes.... Anyway, the ABLS kicked and stopped the spinning wheels. Has anyone done the mod to disable the ABS/ABLS without and reprecussions? The truck only has 1500 miles on it. Thanks for the help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzlemo
I am new to this truck and a lot of its features, but I thought I had read where someone stated that turning the VDC off would also turn off the ABLS. The truck in question is a 06 NISMO 4x4 with the traction package and other various options. This morning on my way to work I turned the VDC off and jammed on the gas....just for fun, what is the use of 265 hp if you can smoke the tires sometimes.... Anyway, the ABLS kicked and stopped the spinning wheels. Has anyone done the mod to disable the ABS/ABLS without and reprecussions? The truck only has 1500 miles on it. Thanks for the help...
I did the same thing last night w/ different results. It was wet out and I stuck the throttle. The rear end swung out just enough to let me know it was getting loose. ABLS never kicked in. Maybe it was because it was wet?

05 Nismo CC 4x4
05 Tacoma CC TRD Sport
2006 WRX STI
2004 WRX STI
2004 WRX Wagon
2003 Mitsu Evo VIII
2001 Integra Type R track car
90 Miata track car
1988 Mitsubishi Starion
1998 Chrysler Conquest
#3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Anytime the roads are wet and I spin the tires a little the ABLS will kick in.

'06 Majestic Blue 4X4 CC NISMO
Romik SS side steps, Extang Saber tonneau, Nissan deflector, Nissan waterproof seat covers, Scan Gauge II, Nissan rubber mats, Keyless entry pad, WeatherTech side window deflectors, AEM Brute Force intake, Rockymounts Clutch SD, Hella FF75 Blue, Nokya Hyper Yellow H11 fogs, Goodyear SilentArmor.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo73
Strange. Mine wanted to keep on swinging.

05 Nismo CC 4x4
05 Tacoma CC TRD Sport
2006 WRX STI
2004 WRX STI
2004 WRX Wagon
2003 Mitsu Evo VIII
90 Miata track car
1988 Mitsubishi Starion
1998 Chrysler Conquest
#5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo73
but do you have the vdc turned off? if i turn mine off i can spin the tires all day on wet pavement. if its on i get a little spin then the abls kicks in.

05 LE CC 4X4. SUPER BLACK
#6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1
but do you have the vdc turned off? if i turn mine off i can spin the tires all day on wet pavement. if its on i get a little spin then the abls kicks in.
Yes. That's what the original poster was talking about. Even w/ his turned off, it's stopping him from slipping. Do you think it's a wet vs. dry issue?

05 Nismo CC 4x4
05 Tacoma CC TRD Sport
2006 WRX STI
2004 WRX STI
2004 WRX Wagon
2003 Mitsu Evo VIII
90 Miata track car
1988 Mitsubishi Starion
1998 Chrysler Conquest
#7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mine kicks in even when the VDC is off, dry, wet, snow, mud doesn't matter. I get the little slip light coming on and I can feel the ABLS, kinda pisses me off.

2005 Nismo KC
#8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1
I haven't tried. It's raining today so if I get a chance I'll try.

'06 Majestic Blue 4X4 CC NISMO
Romik SS side steps, Extang Saber tonneau, Nissan deflector, Nissan waterproof seat covers, Scan Gauge II, Nissan rubber mats, Keyless entry pad, WeatherTech side window deflectors, AEM Brute Force intake, Rockymounts Clutch SD, Hella FF75 Blue, Nokya Hyper Yellow H11 fogs, Goodyear SilentArmor.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzlemo
You may be a bit confused on what you read. Turning the VDC off will not turn off ABLS, but turning the Locker on will.

Paul... 2007 GMC Sierra SLT
MODS: OEM Mud Flaps, 255/75-17 Bridgestone H/L Alanza Tires, Edge Evolution Power Programmer, OEM Cargo Management System, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, EGR Bug Deflector, Prodigy Brake Controller, and SuperSprings. Tows my 2008 Flagstaff 29RGS RV!
05 Red NISMO KC, 4X4: SOLD

Get Cash Rebates on your On-Line Purchases!
#10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_NISMO_4X4
You may be a bit confused on what you read. Turning the VDC off will not turn off ABLS, but turning the Locker on will.
I doubt he's trying to lock it and spin. That's quite the no-no in the 4x4 isn't it?

05 Nismo CC 4x4
05 Tacoma CC TRD Sport
2006 WRX STI
2004 WRX STI
2004 WRX Wagon
2003 Mitsu Evo VIII
90 Miata track car
1988 Mitsubishi Starion
1998 Chrysler Conquest

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > DIY - Do It Yourself / Tech Tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.