Nissan Frontier Forum banner

"Sealed auto transmission" - Unable to flush

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mtyler11 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got back from dropping my truck off to the local maint guy who I have gone to since day one for the truck. I went in for an oil change and also just hit 60k and was thinking about doing an auto transmission flush/refil as it seems to be shifting a lil clunky lately...

However my guy didnt work on my truck this time... and a new mechanic came out..

I was told by the mechanic that the transmission is sealed and unable to be flushed or serviced..

This seems a bit ridiculous since ive seen 2005+ fluid flush/refils posted in this forum...

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/how-change-automatic-transmission-fluid-2005-gen-2-a-37431/

Example above..

Am I missing something?

Thank you!

#4 ·
thanks gang.. figured something wasnt right..

#6 ·
Should not take long for them to realize they hired a bad mechanic.
Back when I first started in my trade, I seen machinist push their tool boxes in the morning and pushing them out by lunch.

#8 ·
Think I am just gunna do it myself, Time for the diffs and transfer case anyways. I see lots of good reviews for the amsoil syn auto trans fluid. Buy a couple quarts n follow the guide above.

I normally do most of the work on my truck, but I leave the fluid stuff to dealers/mechs so I dont have to bother with the dumping of the fluids (legally and some shops charge to dump) and only saving like 20 bucks per oil change. I would have been spending an extra 40 to have them do the auto trans, but oh well... live n learn.

This is the second time I have had an issue with the shop and when I went there it looked like it was new management. Might be time to find a new local shop. Any recommends out there for anyone in las vegas?

Thank you for the replies guys.

#9 ·
sounds like a smart choice. As for ATF, I have done 2 pan drains (20k for a pan change and 30 for S&G) and each time I bought from dealer. Spend a few minutes talking to the parts desk guy and see if he'll give you a deal. I just asked what kind of deal he could give me for a case... $less than $10/bottle for Matic S ($100 for case) I HAVE had a few times that I got a manager and they wouldn't even meet their online sales price. Each time I talk to that dealer I drop a complaint to the dealer owner and let them know they lost another sale... 3rd time I was offered a $20 store credit at the dealer for parts or $50 off service over $100. They DO care about earning business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.