Nissan Frontier Forum banner

HOW TO: Make cool signature banner pics

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  speedfoos 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a quick how to on making signature pics that show up below your post. If you do want extra info in your signature please be aware of the size. For example if you only post one line of text to respond to a thread, but you sig is the equivalent of a small essay, you're not going to make anybody happy. So my point is make short and sweet.

Regarding photos: PLEASE make them no bigger than 150ppx in height! (I will show you how to do this)

First: You will want a Photobucket account. Make one if you don't have one and log in. Once logged in, upload the pictures you want by clicking "upload" in the header of the page and follow the prompts.

- Now go to your Library and find the picture you want to use. Hover over it and a little gear will pop up in the corner of the the thumbnail. Hover over the gear and click "Edit" from the drop down box

-Once it loads your screen should look like this with the pic you selected:

- The first thing you want to do once you are there is click "Crop" from the tools above the pic. Crop the pic however you'd like, but remember the height restriction I mentioned earlier. So a long and thin rectangle typically works best.

-Now you want to re-size it to 150 ppx in height. After applying your crop click "Resize" from the tools above the pic and resize to 150 ppx high by typing in 150 in the height box.

-After applying the height, feel free to add any cool effects, adjustments, borders, and text using the other tools.

-Now save your finished sig pic by clicking "Save" on the right of the tools

-After it has saved it should bring you to your finished pic. In the stuff to the right of the pic, click the "IMG" link to copy the image tag. (It should turn yellow and say "copied" like the pic below)

-Go on over to the forum now and navigate to your "UserCP" from the home page

-Scroll down a bit until you see "Edit Signature" on the lefthand side and click it

-Paste in the box it gives you to type in

-Then click "Save Signature" at the bottom of the screen

-Thats it! Your done! Your new sig pic will show up at the bottom of all your posts, new and old!

See less See more
#2 ·
'Bout time someone did one of these! Thanks 'Dude!

#4 ·
Haha glad you guys like it! I need to go back thru it today and clean up my typos though haha. No more making threads buzzed.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.