Crankshaft Position Sensor Location? - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS1115 View Post
Crankshaft sensor is on passenger side. Go in through fender. 10mm bolt holding it in place. Cam sensors are on the back side of the heads, behind the intake cams. One has an angled plug, one is straight. Make sure you use the correct sensors.
so you have had to replace these on your truck? Is it common for them the fail?

2006 SE CC 4x4 A/T: NISMO CAI, JBA Exhaust, Unichip PNP, Fabtech 6" Lift w/PRG UCA, Radflo 2.0, Bilstien 5125 & custom Alcan Springs, ProComp 7089 w/BFG AT T/A (295/75R16), ShrockWorks Skids & Bumpers, Warn M8000, Hella 500s, M226 (3.69) swap w/ARB Air Locker & Compressor, CW Billet Grilles...

“A government for the people must depend for its success on the intelligence, the morality, the justice, and the interest of the people themselves”. - Grover Cleveland

Bigdog's Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:07 PM
COS
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just got the code Error P0345 and my code reader defines it as "Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Signal Range/Performance".

If there are 2 of them (note it sez 'A' which leads me to believe there's a 'B'), which one needs to be replaced and which is A or B?

Also, does anyone have a picture of where they are or a diagram for "Dummies" on where they are? )

Thanks
#13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by COS View Post
I just got the code Error P0345 and my code reader defines it as "Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Signal Range/Performance".

If there are 2 of them (note it sez 'A' which leads me to believe there's a 'B'), which one needs to be replaced and which is A or B?

Also, does anyone have a picture of where they are or a diagram for "Dummies" on where they are? )

Thanks
A is passenger side. B is driver side. Follow the intake camshaft all the way to the back of the head. Reach behind, you will feel the sensor. It has 1 10mm bolt holding it in place. I don't remember if which one is angled. One is straight, one is angled. Make sure you get the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
so you have had to replace these on your truck? Is it common for them the fail?
I know where that one is because of my engine swap.

2007 CC LB SE 4x2

Factory Bug/Stone shield, Factory toolbox & Bed Extender, Aftermarket Fog lamps in Factory position, 4x4 Parts.com AAL, Rancho RS5000 Shocks, Front Spacers, VentVisors, Kool Vue Cold Air Intake, Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S P275/70R16, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket, SofTopper

Last edited by SMS1115; 08-11-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
COS
Shift_lurker

I found a diagram on this thread...
Camshaft Position Sensor Location - Nissanhelp.com Forums

Looks like I might need to be tripple jointed?
All looks good but which one is 'A' and which is 'B'?

EDIT:
DUH!
Bank 1 = A
Bank 2 = B
?!?!?!?!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005Frontier-CamshaftSensors.JPG
Views:	69022
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	33205  
#15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Bank 1 = A Bank 2 = B

2007 CC LB SE 4x2

Factory Bug/Stone shield, Factory toolbox & Bed Extender, Aftermarket Fog lamps in Factory position, 4x4 Parts.com AAL, Rancho RS5000 Shocks, Front Spacers, VentVisors, Kool Vue Cold Air Intake, Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S P275/70R16, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket, SofTopper
#16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 PM
COS
Shift_lurker

One last question, my Frontier is a 2005 Nismo Crew manual tranny 6 speed. If I replace that bad sensor, will the SES (Service Engine Soon) light clear out? I need to SMOG my hooptie.
#17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by COS View Post
One last question, my Frontier is a 2005 Nismo Crew manual tranny 6 speed. If I replace that bad sensor, will the SES (Service Engine Soon) light clear out? I need to SMOG my hooptie.
After you disconnect the battery to change the sensor, the light will be gone, but the system will not be ready for SMOG. You will have to drive it for about 100 miles before the computer is ready.

2007 CC LB SE 4x2

The Following User Says Thank You to SMS1115 For This Useful Post:
COS (08-11-2011)
#18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I wound up having to replace three sensors. But even if after that I was having problems until I disconected performance module. I wonder how many people with this issue are running some sort of performance module.

2006 SE CC 4x4 A/T: NISMO CAI, JBA Exhaust, Unichip PNP, Fabtech 6" Lift w/PRG UCA, Radflo 2.0, Bilstien 5125 & custom Alcan Springs, ProComp 7089 w/BFG AT T/A (295/75R16), ShrockWorks Skids & Bumpers, Warn M8000, Hella 500s, M226 (3.69) swap w/ARB Air Locker & Compressor, CW Billet Grilles...

“A government for the people must depend for its success on the intelligence, the morality, the justice, and the interest of the people themselves”. - Grover Cleveland

Bigdog's Build Thread
#19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM
COS
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I wound up having to replace three sensors. But even if after that I was having problems until I disconected performance module. I wonder how many people with this issue are running some sort of performance module.
I'm not running any performance modules.
I decided to take it into the dealer for the fix. It sounds like warranty will pickup the bill. It needs an allignment anyway as well as a recall notice service.
My frontier has a lift kit like yours and it's a b1tch to get under the hood and you have to be tripple jointed with tools in hand to get to it.

Thanks everyone!
#20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Shift_Newbie

My truck is doing the samething and throwing the same code. what did it cost? i am at 69500 so i will have to pick up the tap if i dont do it myself

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > DIY - Do It Yourself / Tech Tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.