BCM Issues - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to cyber.shifter
Exclamation BCM Issues

Ok. So my dealership finally got around to giving me my Master Key that they promised when I bought the truck (a year ago). There's a problem though. They said they couldn't program the key because the Body Control Module is shot. Then they quoted me on replacing it. I told them I had an extended service contract that should cover that. They said they would look into it, and I haven't heard anything for three weeks. Meanwhile, my TPS light has come on indicating a problem with the system (it blinks, as opposed to staying on when there is a tire problem). Also, my keyless entry has started acting up as well. None of this behavior was present before they touched it. I find it hard to believe that the BCM has been bad if everything was behaving properly. Any thoughts? Should I suspect someone screwing it up when they tried to program the key?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Shift_Hardcore

We should be able to trust our dealerships not to do anything like that, but I guess the reality is that it does happen. Maybe it was some unforseen problem they ran into and aren't fessing up to it, and I'd really hope it isn't something they did on purpose (that would be quite disturbing). Another possibility is that it's all a coincidence, but what you are saying here does sound fishy.

You are still covered by a warranty correct? If so I would take it to a different dealership and start over.

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs

Last edited by 05Fronty4x; 11-27-2012 at 01:39 PM.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Shift_lurker

Yeah, it's under a service contract that I can take to a different shop. It's just annoying to have to start over. Where might I find a good run down on what the BCM does? I would like to be more familiar with it...
#4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Check this: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/frontier/2010/BCS.pdf

It's a .PDF of the Body Control System service manual.

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
#5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

What do you mean by master key? there are just regular/immobilizer keys and valet keys.
I have seen the bcm fail after trying to reprogram keys, all your other issues will be related. I would suggest unplugging/disconnecting the bcm (under driver side dash, black box with 3 connectors) for 10-15 mins and see what happens. Sometimes it will fix itself, although it will only be temporary.
Keep in mind, if you replace you're bcm, it must be programmed/configured to your vehicle.

2011 FRONTIER SV 4X4 6SPD CC/LB Knight Armour
Lifted, truetrac, injen, ims, bullydog, skids, HID projectors, WRP underdrive crank pulley, blah, blah blah
#6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Shift_lurker

Yeah, I meant the regular key. I have a better understanding of what it does, but I don't see anything I can do with it, without a CONSULT unit. So basically, I just have to confront them about it... I wish the thing would keep logs...

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > DIY - Do It Yourself / Tech Tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.