Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2006 Nismo 4x4 removal

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TruckIt 
#1 · (Edited)
2006 Nismo 4x4 Transmission removal

My transmission failed because of the radiator. I purchased a new radiator and transmission now I was wondering where i can find a diagram of this or any instructions, photos, etc, Thanks for any help

#4 ·
Trans is a pain to R&R but it can be done with some patience and a good tool box. Just start by removing the entire exhaust system and you'll have a much easier time of it. You have to remove the dust shield that covers up the torque converter bolts to get them out and you may make a mess with the tranny cooler lines but other than getting the cross member in and out (which can be a PITA!) the rest is pretty straight forward. The transfer case is married so it does NOT come off without some experience in that area so the entire unit is very heavy. Don't try to tackle it alone without a trans jack or someone may come home to find your shriveled up ruby slippers hanging out from under your truck in the driveway!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.