Nissan Frontier Forum banner

October Truck of the Month - 5speed_Frontier!

6K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Stezzyfrontiers23 
#1 ·

Congratulations to 5speed_Frontier for being voted October Truck of the Month!

2006 Frontier XE, King Cab, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual

M226 Axle Swap w/ 4.56 gears/locker, Doug Thorley Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers, 2.25" piping cat-back to Magnaflow muffler, Custom Cold Air Intake w/ Extended MAF wires, 2* Timing Advance, Exedy Clutch Kit, 16" Level 8 Strike 6 Wheels, 285/75R16 General Grabbers, CST Spindles, PRG Titan Swap w/ 2.5 Radflos w/ 500lb. Eibach springs, Steel Braided Brake Lines, Deaver AALs, Bilstein 5125s, Cobra CB in Center Console (with PA & Extended speaker), 3' Firestik Antenna, 5000k 55w DDM Tuning HIDs, hurst shift knob, weathertech floor liners, red underdash lighting, 35% Tint Front Door windows, and 20% visor tint.

See less See more
#3 ·
congrats!!

#7 ·
Congrats...and how you liking those 4.56's...arent ya glad you didnt go
4.10's:)

#9 ·
Thanks a lot everyone! So stoked to get this again. It really means a lot to me. As I always say though, my truck is never finished in my eyes. Sorry, I haven't been on here much lately. Been super busy with school and getting our ship ready to sail out in a few weeks. Also, been taking marine firefighting classes every weekend now. Right now in my free time I've been planning some big updates for my audio system. And I mean UPDATES hahaha. Like I will probably eventually be getting a high output alternator haha. Then next summer I'm hoping to do the rear suspension to try and better match my front. And in a few years when I'm making bank and get a new ride this truck is going to become an offroad machine with an engine swap and full cage. My hopes at least. Thanks for all the support for me and my little 4 cylinder.

And as for the 4.56 gears. I love them! It wasn't a decision between 4.10s though because I already had 4.10s in my old C200 since I had the manual 4 banger. I'm actually still needing to sell my C200 with 4.10s. It's in great condition and still sitting in my garage back home. My powerband is way better matched now even with the heavy 33s. I dont have to drop gears as much when climbing steep grades. Also, having the locker offroad when going slow has proven useful a few times, even though I'm 2wd, it really still helps. The only thing my powertrain is really lacking is a good clutch. I really wish they made a heavier clutch for our 2.5s. I think I'll be replacing the clutch again with an exedy before I know it.

#10 ·
No, thank you for building a truck worthy of TOTM. Gives people like me a chance to vote for something that actually ends up winning =P

#11 ·
Congrats Brandon!

#13 ·
Congrats Brandon happy to see a 2.5 guy get this :goodjob:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.