2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2017 AutoGuide.com Truck of the Year Winner Announced

In what was a heated battle for pickup supremacy, a decision has been made on which new truck is the best of the bunch.

The 2017 Ford Raptor has won the AutoGuide.com Truck of the Year award.

“The 2017 Raptor is the whole package. It’s not just suspension or just appearance. Ford left no stone unturned with this purpose-built Baja runner, and it shows,” said Stephen Elmer, AutoGuide.com news editor and trucks expert. “While each truck brings something to the table, the Raptor feels truly special, managing to provide a truck that is capable, intelligent, and most of all, an incredible amount of fun.”

Read more about the 2017 AutoGuide.com Truck of the Year Winner at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:27 PM
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Frontier Forum?

So I go to the Frontier forum and get to see a Ford on the main page.

Stupid.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Rogue Admin
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1594 Post(s)
Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,712 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbikerider View Post
So I go to the Frontier forum and get to see a Ford on the main page.

Stupid.
Not stupid, it is simply showing appreciation for trucks in general. We all learn from one another. Capiche?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zedbra For This Useful Post:
Lil' Fronty (03-29-2017), whistler (02-19-2017)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Yes, this is a Nissan / Frontier forum. There is nothing wrong with providing information regarding other trucks. At least the Titan was considered.
The Juggernaut likes this.

2016 Pro 4x CC, Silver
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FFTR For This Useful Post:
The Juggernaut (02-19-2017), whistler (02-19-2017), Zedbra (02-18-2017)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Ford built a purpose built off-road warrior with the Raptor. They're also re-releasing the Bronco. The TRD off-road package has been a thing for years. Clearly there's a market for 4x4s that go above and beyond the mall-crawler daily driver gig, so why can't Nissan do the same? The Raptor is something for the 3rd gen Frontier(or Titan, if you wanna compare apples to apples) to aspire to be.

Also; if I had all the money in the world, I'd take a 6.2L Raptor any day of the week. Turbos be damned, there's no replacement for displacement.

09 KC SE 6pd
265/75R16 BFG TKOs / KN air filter / FSR Front Valence Delete / Bed Liner / Pickle sticker / More to come

Member CCFR, 4WDABC
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Not stupid, it is simply showing appreciation for trucks in general. We all learn from one another. Capiche?
Damn straight, the Ford Raptor is one hell of a truck, if it came with a stick and was the same price as the Frontier, I'd be driving one. The dealership up here is getting $15,000-$20,000 over sticker for them.

Rich - ASE Certified tech, Licensed Massachusetts Collision Estimator

2017 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X - 6 speed manual transmission
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichieB9280 For This Useful Post:
whistler (02-19-2017), Zedbra (02-18-2017)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:35 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
I'm not a Ford fan at all, but the Raptor is an awesome truck. Wish the other manufacturers would step up and offer some high performance trucks. I always loved the GMC Syclones.

2011 SV 4x4
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah I can appreciate other off road trucks and SUVs. And the Raptor really hit the mark on this. Not to say other rigs can't be built to be better, no doubt, but off the line, it's the best for what it is followed by the Wrangler for general off roading.
I have my reserves about the Broncos and Rangers that will come out in the future, as I bet they won't be as impressive as they're talked up to be. I hope they prove me wrong. I love my Nissan Frontier, but if the Bronco shines new light on its former glory, I'd do anything to get one haha. But then I see it going the way of the Wrangler; Where everyone and their mother is driving one. They seem less cool. Great business tactic, but a bit of an overload at the mall if all they need to be is a grocery-getter. but to each their own, I can totally understand the appeal to all drivers.
At any rate, I hope more manufacturers open up the market for off road beasts like the Raptor. Until then I will continue to build my Frontier to compete and beat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jurassic Park - The Juggernaut
2001 Nissan Frontier Dessert Runner - SE King Cab V6
Overhead lamps - Hella 500 series 12v/55w Halogen
Bed-mounted Roll bar
3 inch body lift
"An Adventure 65 Million Years in the Making"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:37 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Thanked 1,288 Times in 812 Posts
Garage
So, Do they factor in pricing on these vehicles "of the year"?

While what I hear about the newest version of the Raptor sounds pretty awesome, It is a vehicle that is priced out of the wallets of most of the general population. I understand technology can trickle down to other models, but, for someone like me, neat, but not too relative.

Sean,

2011 Pro-4X CC
Overland bound #2292

See my 2011 Pro-4x build here
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydnyte View Post
I'm not a Ford fan at all, but the Raptor is an awesome truck. Wish the other manufacturers would step up and offer some high performance trucks. I always loved the GMC Syclones.
I remember those, they had a Typhoon too. One was a built 4.3 V-6 in an S-10, the other a built 4.3 V-6 in a Blazer. They had some great 1/4 mile times, looked cool at the time too.

My last vehicle was a 2013 Ford Focus ST, it had an Ecoboost 2.0 L4 and a 6 speed manual trans. That little motor made 252 horse and 270 torque stock, tuned both figures climbed up over 300. That little FWD car could outrun a stock BMW 328i at a highway speed roll. I can't tell you how many BMW drivers tried to drive like a dick and were bashing their steering wheels in anger after my $24,000 Ford ripped right past them with ease. I never had so much fun with a fuel efficient car. It got 42 MPG between exit 4 south in NH down i93 to 495 south in MA all the way to i95 south in Providence when I went to meetings as long as I didn't beat on it and set cruise to 60 MPH. Otherwise I got about 28MPG on average because I like the turbo. Ford has done some cool stuff lately.

The car had problems with it's high pressure fuel pump, first one went @ 58k and it was a little less than $300. All around it was pretty cheap to own with the exception of the tires. I did brakes @ 60k because of hot spots on all 4 rotors that I gave her emergency stopping, 4 corners cost me a little over $400 to do myself, got drilled and slotted rotors, never had a problem again. Oil changes every 10k for about $30, 4 spark plugs @ 105k, K&N air filter cleaned it every 30k, and I gutted and replaces my EVAP system at 90k, all the solenoids because I had just replaced one then another went, so I changed all of them, 3 total. The tires were about $250 a pop and went about every 40k, that was the worst part of the cost to own.

Nissan Frontier Forum > ClubFrontier News and Polls > ClubFrontier News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.