Truck Squeaking.....cant find the source?!?!?!?! - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck Squeaking.....cant find the source?!?!?!?!

Hey guys itís been a while since Iíve been on here but here's my problem.... I have this horrible squeaking noise when I hit even the smallest bump on the roads.... I canít figure out where its coming from.... I parked my truck and pushed and jumped up and down on the front and back bumpers to see if I could induce the squeak but with no luck I got nothing..... Anyone else had problems with a squeak on their frontier???? If so what was it.....? Is it my suspension going out? The only other thing I can come up with is the hood latch but I beat on my hood and got nothing....the only time I can hear it is when Iím going down the road...

2006 Frontier XE Auto. 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich A/T KO. JVC head unit 650 watt Alpine Vpower amp. 10 inch AlpineType-R sub. 15% tint all aroundÖ..more to come
The Following User Says Thank You to dkober101 For This Useful Post:
Brunk (10-05-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I have the exact same thing on my 07 SE. It sounds like it's coming from underneath the front, but I can't pinpoint it. If you find it let us know - I'd love to stop mine.

07 SE CC LB 2X4 6M Red Brawn
#3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Possibly the hood rubber bumpstops. There were some threads way back about turning the stops out a few turns or something like that.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Shift_Fanatic

There are tons of previous posts on this and even a TSB. Learn how to use the search function! It's the center bump stop on the hood. Adjust it out about 1/4" and lubricate all the contact points on the hood latch with white lithium grease. If you want proof that this is where it's coming from, drive down a bumpy road at low speed and pop the hood latch. The noise will immediatly cease.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
There are tons of previous posts on this and even a TSB. Learn how to use the search function! It's the center bump stop on the hood. Adjust it out about 1/4" and lubricate all the contact points on the hood latch with white lithium grease. If you want proof that this is where it's coming from, drive down a bumpy road at low speed and pop the hood latch. The noise will immediatly cease.
thanks im going to have to try this when i get home....oh and i did try to search and the only thing i could find was others stabing in the dark (leafsprings, bumbers, tailgates ect.) but next time ill i try to search alittle more....

2006 Frontier XE Auto. 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich A/T KO. JVC head unit 650 watt Alpine Vpower amp. 10 inch AlpineType-R sub. 15% tint all aroundÖ..more to come
#6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jeff024 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff024
on my truck it was my front sway bar
#7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

There are some common problems but to say it is the center stop in all cases is not right. Direct your anger elsewhere, the seach is not real effective on this topic. Don't believe me? Search for "Squeak" and see how many posts come up.

2005 Super Black LE 4x4 Crew Cab (Sold May 2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Well if jumping up and down on the bumpers don't cause the sound I'd go for the hood thing. After some wheeling my truck started squeeking really bad and it ended up being my leaf springs. I had to drive each tire up on a ramp to compress the springs. I shot silicone spray on all of the rubber fittings and no more squeek.
#9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkober101 View Post
thanks im going to have to try this when i get home....oh and i did try to search and the only thing i could find was others stabing in the dark (leafsprings, bumbers, tailgates ect.) but next time ill i try to search alittle more....
so guys i backed out my center hood stop and it stoped the squeak....now i can hear there is a new squeak on the back and it seems to be coming from my left leafspring... its not very noticable unless your really listen for it...so i looked and it and there was fluied leaking out of the shock.... but i had no idea as to why it would have gone out because i really try to baby my truck....should i try to clame a warrenty on this?

#10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkober101 View Post
so guys i backed out my center hood stop and it stoped the squeak....now i can hear there is a new squeak on the back and it seems to be coming from my left leafspring... its not very noticable unless your really listen for it...so i looked and it and there was fluied leaking out of the shock.... but i had no idea as to why it would have gone out because i really try to baby my truck....should i try to clame a warrenty on this?
could be the bushings of the leafsprings, i have calmini shackles and when i installed them i made the mistake of not greasing the bushings so now i have a light squek on the drivers side whenever i go through bumps or even when i shift gears quickly.

if it's your stock shocks take it to the dealership

Last edited by Tx. Frontier; 03-23-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > 4 Banger Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.