LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spark plugs for the 2006 frontier 4cyl

hello everyone this is my first post. now on to it for anyone with a 2006 frontier that wants to change there spark plugs here goes first you will need 4 NGK PLZKAR6A-11 lazer platinum spark plugs, anti seize and a 14 mm spark plug socket (YES) i said 14mm [U]not[U] a 5/8" spark plug socket. now at the dealership they want 72.00-80.00 dollars for the spark plugs but race-mart has thhem for a mere 10.77 each so heres there info
NGK PLZKAR6A-11 14mm x 13/16" Hex Premium Platinum Resistor Spark Plug also heres the spark plug stats
Part Number NGK-PLZKAR6A-11
NGK-PLZKAR6A-11 14mm x 13/16" Hex Premium Platinum Resistor Spark Plug
Laser Platinum« spark plugs provide high ignitability and longer service life. Dual platinum surfaces ensure slow wear rate providing stable idle, superior anti fouling, improved fuel efficiency and lower emissions.

now that thats done if you need a coil for it there 120.00 at the dealership

now to get to the plugs you need to take off the air filter under the air box will be 3 15mm bolts that hold the air intake on and 2 15mm nuts remove all those and disconect hoses and sensor connectors. now theres a bolt under the throttle body remove that and wiggle the intake off and set to the driver side then take a 10 mm socket and take off the bolt to the coil and remover connector and remove coil.
now were there take a 6-12 3/8" extension and put on your 14mm spark plug socket and remove plug. take new plug and anti sieze the plug and the gap is .043 but there pregaped so you shouldnt have to worry about that. now install plugs and put together in reverse order.

now i hope that this post has helped someone theres no repair manual i could find and most parts are dealer only. now tell me if you would like pics of the process and ill try to get them tomarrow 02/25/09 so that theres a clear picture of this. and because the dealer gave me the wrong socket size and the wrong plugs so i have to go and do it tomarrow anyways.

and i know for some it will look intimedating but dont worry its not as hard once you start trust me i can do it in 20-30 minutes but some it might take a hour or so there first time you can do it and save some money.

later the master SENSI
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sensi For This Useful Post:
05XE (02-26-2009), 5speed_Frontier (12-10-2009), Big Boyz Customz (02-26-2009), jtbassman (03-25-2013), xtopherfishing (09-29-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Wow that is really helpful and thorough! I just might do them myself when time comes due.

drive to arrive. don't become a statistic.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Shift_lurker

Send a message via AIM to gmandisco Send a message via MSN to gmandisco Send a message via Yahoo to gmandisco
will this work on a 2001 nissan 4cl? i bought bosch platinum plus (what autozone told me was the ones for my truck) and need to install them. How do i adjust gap? wth does .044 gap mean? and what is antisieze?

**2001 Nissan Frontier XE
**5spd
**6" XXX door speakers
**Sony CD player 52 Watts x 4, MP3/WMA, Aux In, & Wireless Remote, CDXGT33W
**10" Kicker Subwoofer
**CRUNCH 500w AMP
*****SELF INSTALLATION OF ALL AUDIO EQUIP*****

soon: black rims (will get picture ) new d/s fender, new rear/front bumper, lift 2", paintjob, new tailgate

Last edited by gmandisco; 03-10-2009 at 06:16 PM.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i thought the plugs didn't need to be changed for 100,000 miles.

05 Nismo CC: Banks Monster Exhaust (Sound clips), Pioneer Avic-D1, Raffle Volant CAI, Stryker SR-490, Stryker antenna, Kumho Road Venture A/T's, Shrockworks sliders, Fabtech 6" Lift, Revolver Shackles, AAL's, TJM Snorkel, Superchips, Doug Thorley headers.
The fox will never keep the hen-house safe! NObama!
Obama a natural born citizen or an Indonesian Muslim?
Obama Does Not Have a US Long Form Birth Certificate and Why

What were the Crusades all about? -Peter Hammond
The word "crusade" is not found in the Bible or commanded and the Crusades ended over 7 centuries ago. Jihad is one of the pillars of Islam and is commanded and still goes on today!
"The Shack" Uncovered!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Shift_lurker

Send a message via AIM to gmandisco Send a message via MSN to gmandisco Send a message via Yahoo to gmandisco
idk i have over 105,000 on mine. never changed it since i got it.

**2001 Nissan Frontier XE
**5spd
**6" XXX door speakers
**Sony CD player 52 Watts x 4, MP3/WMA, Aux In, & Wireless Remote, CDXGT33W
**10" Kicker Subwoofer
**CRUNCH 500w AMP
*****SELF INSTALLATION OF ALL AUDIO EQUIP*****

soon: black rims (will get picture ) new d/s fender, new rear/front bumper, lift 2", paintjob, new tailgate

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

the the plugs are said to last for 120,000 but not in mine

gmandisco any platinum plug should come pre gapped i also recomend that you use NGK plugs go to the dealership and get the right part number and then buy them online for cheap. to gap requires a gap gauge that you slide the plug on tell .044 and then its gapped but if you gap platinum plugs you can mess them up. also alot of time autozone doesnt know what there talking about. and antisieze is a compound that goes on the spark plug threads so the plug doesnt get stuck when you try to change them again. aslo put the plug in by hand and then when it seats turn it 1/4 to 1/2 turn to tighten. later sensi

Last edited by sensi; 03-14-2009 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Shift_lurker

Pictures?

Does anyone have pictures of this process? I may attempt to do change the spark plugs this weekend. I have the Haynes manual for a 2006 4 cyl but the pictures aren't really clear.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

hey about the pics of the process

hey man i dont have any off the process and after i wrote up the tread my head gasket blew and a broken camshaft. well for that i had the dealership repair and now not even 7 months later it blew again. we'll i called Nissan and the manager was rude and very disrespectfull and they wont help me so as far as im concerned Nissan is complete **** and if someone from nissan corprate see's this please im me and lets talk. if not ill be filling and bbb report and a getting a lawyer. but for the guy who wants pics just im me and ill talk you through it.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Shift_Hardcore
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the club! I'm glad to see another 4 cylinder on here. Just happens to be that I have an 06 4 cylinder. Anyways man thanks for the detailed and helpful first post. Maybe I can use it in like 80,000 miles hahaha.

2006 Frontier XE, King Cab, 4 cylinder, 5 speed

M226 Axle Swap w/ 4.56 gears/locker, Doug Thorley Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers, 2.25" piping cat-back to Magnaflow muffler, Custom Cold Air Intake w/ Extended MAF wires, 2* Timing Advance, Exedy Clutch Kit, 16" Level 8 Strike 6 Wheels, 285/75R16 General Grabbers, CST Spindles, PRG Titan Swap w/ 2.5 Radflos w/ 500lb. Eibach springs, Steel Braided Brake Lines, Deaver AALs, Bilstein 5125s, Cobra CB, (PA & Extended speaker), 3' Firestik Antenna, 5000k 55w DDM Tuning HIDs, 3 7" 55w HIDs, BTF Built front bumper, hurst shift knob, weathertech floor liners, red underdash lighting, 35% Tint Front, and 20% visor tint.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome and good post. Not to put a damper on things but www.younissanparts.com sells the NGK's for $9.00 each and I believe they still give a discount on top of that for this site...don't know I'm stocked up.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > 4 Banger Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.