Nissan Frontier Forum banner

One from Iceland

8K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  aronicemoto 
#1 · (Edited)
Update One from Iceland - NEW Snow images Page 2

Hi,

Some of you remember my from few years back.

I had this truck, 2007 Navara D40 36" tires.

Then i came back with this one and was going to modify it but ended of selling it.

Now i'm back with my Monster. 2006 Navara D40 on 38" tires.

Modifications:

Dana 44 front diff with arb air locker
4,56:1 gear ratio
Air compressor and air tank
VHF radio
38" AT405 tires
15"x12,5 rims
40 mm suspension lift front/rear
80mm body lift
Speedometer calibrator
Running boards and brackets
Fender flares
And a lot more.

Enjoy.

See less See more
#5 ·
Me likey! Much want!
Those things are awesome!

#9 ·
So what is the story about this D44 front diff with ARB locker?

#13 · (Edited)
Here's a link to Arctic Trucks website in case anyone is curious what all they do to them. Before you get too excited, I don't believe they will ship to the US or Canada. Navara < Nissan < Brands < Arctic Trucks
I can always help you guys with shipping from iceland and buying some products of you need. But they are expensive.

I love these Iceland trucks - seems like such little lift for large tires. Nonetheless, I love the look.
We try to lift them as little as possible to keep as close to standard vechicle while driving.

Mine has 40mm suspension lift and 80mm body lift.

But we also cut the fenders to make room for the tires and more. ....

#16 ·
^ awesome pics. Out of curiousity, what type of tires do you prefer to use for your hard packed snow conditions? It looks like mud tires on some trucks, others not. Also, do you ever use or need chains? Do these large tires limit your turning radius due to rubbing on the frame?

#17 ·
Hi,

Yes we need to limit our turning radius to fit these large tires.

We never use chains on these kind of trucks but often we use truck ice studs.

With out of doubt the AT405 38" tires are the best on road/offroad tires you can get. But in some conditions i would prefer more mud tires but overall the AT405 is the best.

I would say that AT405 tires are the best in hard packed snow, they are pretty soft so with deflating your tire you can get a lot of grip and more track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.