Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Memorial Weekend Trip: Tahuya State Park

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Snowball 
#1 ·
On a whim decided to take a short trip over to the peninsula for some 4x4ing fun. Had my wife and my buddy in the truck and my parents were in the Rubicon. It was overcast a rain a little bit but was overall perfect weather. Not too hot or dry which is how Tahuya gets in the summer. Anyway, it was a lot of fun!!

With all the recent rains, there was a few good sized "puddles".
Vehicle Car Mud Off-roading Tree

This actually felt a lot deeper driving through than it really was.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

A little flex time
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Off-roading

Wife and pup smiling away. She wasn't smiling when she saw the above pic...haha.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Pickup truck

See less See more
#2 ·
Some more shots of the "flex".
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Off-roading

I love my truck!!
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Off-roading

My dads Jeep just scoffed at anything it came up against.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Jeep

I let my buddy drive the truck some. He's drives a Mazda 3 now so he gets his 4x4ing "fix" by hanging out with me.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Off-roading

Look at that ****-eatin grin!! He better buy a frontier if he buys a truck in the future!!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Off-roading

I sized these down for posting on here. Will try and get the larger files on a photo-sharing website or something soon.

#4 ·
looks sweet man! I have not been out there since I was in High school in Issaqauh. good times.

#5 ·
Yeah they've "added" a couple of pretty extreme rock crawling areas. But overall it's pretty much the same. We saw some jackasses in an older VW Jetta "rallying" around some of the tamer trails.

#6 ·
A few more:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Regularity rally

Land vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Car Mud

Vehicle Off-roading Car Mud Regularity rally

#7 ·
running through water like that your going to want the axle vent mod, i wouldn't trust the stock vent to keep the water out with the entire axle under water like that. but really nice pics looked like a good time

#8 ·
Yeah I have that write up saved. Just need to motivate myself to actually do it some weekend soon. I've heard it's pretty easy to do.

#9 ·
its on my to do list also but i am also lazy and stay out of axle deep water. looks pretty strait forward just need to stop being lazy lol. i'm envious of all you people with off road parks by you. missouri is lame

#12 ·
Yeah it's one of the few areas I feel comfortable becuase I know there are trails my truck will fit on.

The crap part was there was a guy in a Dodge Ram, lifted, big tires, and all that who was just tearing *** through the water. I was half expecting to get stuck in the ruts I am sure he dug spinning his tires. He thought he was pretty slick. I was so hopeful that he would break something or get stuck but alas he was not. Most of the people I saw out there seemed competent but there were a few jackasses. Oh well.

#13 ·
Is anyone planning any 4x4 trips in Washington this summer? I'd like to get out to Evans Creek or Tahuya again.

#16 ·
Planning some trips fo show, Work has been really crazy right now however.

#19 ·
Cool shots...i know, old thread. But just gettin' some ideas where to take my stock Fronty out on its maiden off-road voyage without getting wrecked. lol! i wonder what it's like out there this time of year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.