Nissan Frontier Forum banner

AAL & stock u-bolts

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  fox294 
#1 ·
When installing an aal, do you need longer u-bolts? Looks like only about 3/8s of an inch of thread left before adding. Where is the quickest place to get them from, if needed, I am in NC? Also, what size do we need? Thanks in advance, as I have tried to search, but having no luck!

#5 ·
If you want to keep the o-load spring you can get ubolts made while you wait at any spring shop or you can order them online at 4x4parts.com, prgproducts.com, nissteclifts.com etc...
The new crop of AALs don't cost you much, if any, load capacity. But you will certainly enjoy the ride more and it'll work much better off road.
Just fyi, I have the 2 leaf Deaver mini pack from PRG and I'm using stock ubolts (deleted o-load)

#7 ·
#8 ·
Watch out if you order ubolts from Nisstec. They are slightly too wide and the diameter is a bit too big which means you have to drill out the plates which is a bit of a pain to do. I believe PRG's ubolts are the correct size, not sure about 4x4Parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.