Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Nissan Frontier Turn Signal / Tail Light LEDs! Plug & Play! See Bulb Model Options!

25K views 63 replies 14 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 ·
Nissan Frontier Turn Signal / Tail Light LEDs! Plug & Play! See Bulb Model Options!

Nissan Frontier LED Tail Light LEDs

From the factory, tail light bulbs are powered by standard incandescent lights that light up white in color, and cast light through your red or amber tail light lens. This results in a washed-out color.

Newer luxury vehicles are using LEDs for turn signals, because LEDs offer a crisp, instant on/off function, increased brightness, and true, vibrant color. By replacing the bulbs in your Frontier, you can achieve this modern look!

Brightness

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb compared to factory:

HP11: (310 lumens) Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.

XP80: (510 lumens) Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!

Bulb Design:

HP11: Four side-firing 1.5W-rated Osram LED chips, and one 5W-rated LED chip on top, which is projected by a lens for maximum effective brightness. The bulb is housed in a machined aluminum casing, which provides superior heat diffusion for long life.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS.

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 1998-2000 Nissan Frontier (pair)

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2001-2004 Nissan Frontier (pair)

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2009-2012 Nissan Frontier (pair)

Rear Turn Signal LEDs for 1998-2004 Nissan Frontier (pair)

Rear Turn Signal LEDs for 2005-2012 Nissan Frontier (pair)

Tail Light LEDs for 1998-2004 Nissan Frontier (pair)

(Xterra shown as comparison)

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, emailcontact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#7 ·
Just wondering if anyone here has tried the tail light bulbs?... I tried the XP80's and they didn't work..actually blew fuses and eventually the brake switch. I love all of the other DD bulbs I have in the truck, which is pretty much everything else, but the tails just didn't work in my '15 Pro-4X...would love to hear from anyone that is using the DD tail bulbs and which ones you are using.

Thanks!

#11 ·
Great guys on the phone at DD! Just ordered my license, 3rd brake light, reverse, and cargo lights. All with super white led's pics to come :cool:

#16 ·
RF noise

Have you ever heard of LED headlights/fog lights causing noise in the FM Broadcast band? I bought a set off of Amazon for my headlights and fog lights. The headlights are OK, just a tiny bit of noise, but the fogs 9011? Just wipe out the entire FM band.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Bill

#17 ·
Have you ever heard of LED headlights/fog lights causing noise in the FM Broadcast band? I bought a set off of Amazon for my headlights and fog lights. The headlights are OK, just a tiny bit of noise, but the fogs 9011? Just wipe out the entire FM band.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Bill
Hello Bill,

It sounds like your fog lights are creating an RF interference issue because those LEDs may not be using shielded components. You could try adding a ferrite core bead to the wiring, which is also a relatively inexpensive fix. They are available on eBay & Amazon.

Nick C.

#18 ·
I might try that, I have a big batch of them here. Thanks for the tip.

#20 ·
If they were CK-style sockets, it would've blown the fuse when you first used them. It sounds like the LED bulbs you installed don't have dual-stage brightness, meaning the disparity between running light & braking light isn't great enough to be distinguished.

Ours for example, are about 50% to 100% when the brakes are applied. We do this to ensure they are safe for other drivers on the road, and easily visible.

Thanks!
Nick C.

#26 ·
does the HP48 only throw light out of the end? it looks like it doesn't have any LEDs on the sides to fill up the reflector but i'm not sure from the picture. I noticed there is no example pic of the HP48 so i'm guessing it must be no brighter than the stocker? Just found out the hard way that I need a CK compatible LED...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.