Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Nissan Frontier Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! Several Bulb Model Options!

58K views 151 replies 26 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 · (Edited)
Nissan Frontier Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! Several Bulb Model Options!

Nissan Frontier Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics carries LED bulbs for replacement of your Nissan Frontier's fog lights or DRLs, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF styles. This will make your Frontier's fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory HIDs!

Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality LED replacements on the market. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

2001-2002 Options: (H3 Bulb size)
COB12 86 lumens

2003-2004 Options: (880 bulb size)
HP36: 210 lumens Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs.

2005-2016+ Options: (H11 bulb size)
HP48: 265 lumens. Slightly lower brightness than factory.
XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.
XML2: 1410 lumens. Much brighter than factory. These are bright!

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Nissan Frontier).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2001-2002 Nissan Frontier

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2003-2004 Nissan Frontier

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2005-2017 Nissan Frontier

Diode Dynamics: SLF model: Street Legal Output (USA MADE!)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

Good Vs. Bad LEDs:

See less See more
1 2
This post has been deleted
#83 ·
Ah I was just looking into the philips H11 led yellow fogs, but they have no decent warranty and read a lot of reviews of them crapping out in under a year.
Are the DD SLF's any brighter than stock? no idea how bright 'street legal output' can be... looking for something with a bit more output if possible.

#84 ·
The SLF will produce more usable output than your OEM halogen bulbs, without creating additional glare for other drivers on the road.

Here's an output comparison on the Focus RS:

The SLF does an excellent job utilizing the factory optics of the housing thanks to our engineering team's optical design work.

We will have plenty of information available soon, still updating the site listings and bringing more vehicles in for comparison photos.

Yellow will be available for the SLF soon as well (no exact ETA available to provide)

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

#87 ·
Just wanted to say that I just got and installed their LED for the rear dome (crew cab) light. Great LED. I ordered warm white because i don't care for 6k inside and i was worried it would be really warm like the factory bulbs. They are actually a bit less warm - excellent! They also put out more light than the philips 6k de3175 LED i had (which cost MORE).
Definitely a WIN with the DD LEDs, I will be back for more!

#98 ·
Unfortunately, the 2018 Frontier we recently had in the studio didn't come with fog lights, but we will have more pictures with Yellow SLF shortly! The color temperature is absolutely perfect IMO, check out this recent video:

How to Install 2008-2014 Subaru Impreza SLF Fog Light LEDs | Diode Dynamics
Me too... as we all may/may not know, our headlamp bulbs are dual-filament 9007/HB5's
Our engineering team is working on the dual-filament versions of the SL1 ("SL2"), but I don't have an ETA or time-frame on them. Our SL-LED replacements typically work best in reflector style housings, so it will be a great option for the Frontier when they are available.

Thanks!
Nick C.

#104 ·
the yellows are on my wish list... although i still wonder about the cut off. some people claim that ANY led bulb will throw the light all over the place in our fog lamp housings...

Hows about getting the guy at DD with the Frontier to install them and show us a comparable picture? :) :)

#105 ·
Our SLF LED fog lights were designed in-house using an advanced optical modeling software. They utilize the OEM reflector style housings perfectly and produce a nice, clean cutoff pattern. The WRX pictured above is very similar to what you can expect in your Frontier.

Our operations manager's Frontier doesn't use a compatible size for SLF unfortunately. Some of the earlier model years use a much smaller bulb size.

Thanks!
Nick C.

#110 ·
I'm amazed no one has tried to tear open a BCM to see if it's possible to mod the flasher there like in some other cars. I would love those front LED switchbacks but I'm not keen on installing resistors. To me it defeats the purpose of an LED but at least it would only be sucking down that huge wattage during blinker operation.

#111 ·
I'm sure it can be done, but as newer model years continue becoming more and more advanced, it's exponentially more difficult. If you wanted switchbacks, you could replace the socket itself, tap a sidemarker, and the factory turn signal.

That's what I did on an S14 I used to own, but it's not a plug & play process. (those were the days lol):

The main purposes of upgrading to LED are increased brightness, output, modern on/off blinking, better color appearance, and a longer lifespan. There's nothing to really gain by reducing the load, as the hyperflash is an inherit "failure mode" that comes about simply to let you know the factory filament bulb has worn down to the point it isn't creating enough resistance.

Nick C.

#124 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.