Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Nissan Frontier Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! Several Bulb Model Options!

58K views 151 replies 26 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 · (Edited)
Nissan Frontier Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! Several Bulb Model Options!

Nissan Frontier Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics carries LED bulbs for replacement of your Nissan Frontier's fog lights or DRLs, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF styles. This will make your Frontier's fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory HIDs!

Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality LED replacements on the market. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

2001-2002 Options: (H3 Bulb size)
COB12 86 lumens

2003-2004 Options: (880 bulb size)
HP36: 210 lumens Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs.

2005-2016+ Options: (H11 bulb size)
HP48: 265 lumens. Slightly lower brightness than factory.
XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.
XML2: 1410 lumens. Much brighter than factory. These are bright!

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Nissan Frontier).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2001-2002 Nissan Frontier

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2003-2004 Nissan Frontier

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2005-2017 Nissan Frontier

Diode Dynamics: SLF model: Street Legal Output (USA MADE!)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

Good Vs. Bad LEDs:

See less See more
1 2
#13 ·
Just installed my backup LED's that arrived today. Not sure if it's bright enough for me yet until I drive it around the next couple of nights. I got the HP36 but may opt for the XP50's in the future just not ready to spend $70 on a pair of bulbs yet. If I do then I'll just use these for my cargo lights as I've been planning swap those out to LED's also. Including free sticker was a nice touch but it was missing an "I", lol.

Attachments

#15 ·
Thank you for the offer but I don't plan on exchanging them. I still have a use for them if I decide to upgrade.

#19 ·
#27 ·
We have a variety of bulb models available, including a complete LED replacement housing. Pricing starts at just $40/pair for the HP48

The Luxeon LED replacement housings are $160/pair

I have a 2011 King Cab which utilizes the H11 bulb. Does anyone have a photo
of the beam pattern (on pavement) using the H11 bulb versus the DD LED
bulb(s)? Since the H11 is significantly shorter than the LED modules and the OE
reflector is calibrated on the shorter bulb (focal point), I'm wondering what
resulting pattern change due to the longer LED bulb? thanks in advance. r-
I don't have any photos on a Frontier yet, but here's a recent example on a 2015 Xterra, which also uses an H11, and is compatible with our Luxeon housings:

The XP80, XML2, and Luxeon housings are definitely the best options if you are seeking the most usable output.

Here's a photo of the Luxeon housings (They are DOT/SAE compliant):

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

We appreciate your support!

Thanks,
Nick C.

#26 ·
I have a 2011 King Cab which utilizes the H11 bulb. Does anyone have a photo
of the beam pattern (on pavement) using the H11 bulb versus the DD LED
bulb(s)? Since the H11 is significantly shorter than the LED modules and the OE
reflector is calibrated on the shorter bulb (focal point), I'm wondering what
resulting pattern change due to the longer LED bulb? thanks in advance. r-

#28 ·
Couple of questions

So this bulb will replace the factory OEM bulb?

If it's plugged into the OEM fixture, is it not hanging out in the weather, water, dirt and salt on the road? Does it matter that it has open vents?

Second, these replacement housings:

What are they made of? Glass or plastic?

The reason I ask, is that in the four years I have had my truck, I have broken two of the fog light lenses. They are non replaceable. I can buy the whole housing with a halogen bulb for about $40 each.

Can the lenses on these $160.00 set be replaced? Do they protect the back of the bulb if necessary?

My fog lights work quite well now (factory adjustment sux) but I could always use more light! ::wink::

Thanks,

TEX

#29 ·
The Luxeon housings are made of OEM-quality poly-carbonate lenses

They are backed with a 3-year limited warranty, and extremely durable.

The LED is integrated into the housing with optics designed specifically for the LEDs it utilzes

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or would like more information: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

#30 ·
So if you replace them with the Luxons, the LEDs are built in? That's really sweet. Thanks.

#35 ·
That should fit, I have the chrome bumper and mine are different.

#36 ·
Cargo Lamps

hi-

i like what i have seen at your site. I am looking to upgrade the cargo lamps. We are attending GONE MOAB 2016. will you be represented at the event?

I like your selection of lamps. I am concerned that the front lamp assemblies are oxidized and could require an upgrade for a 2011 crew cab. your selection is limited to 2 options? please advise. thanks

#37 ·
hi-

i like what i have seen at your site. I am looking to upgrade the cargo lamps. We are attending GONE MOAB 2016. will you be represented at the event?

I like your selection of lamps. I am concerned that the front lamp assemblies are oxidized and could require an upgrade for a 2011 crew cab. your selection is limited to 2 options? please advise. thanks
Hello!

Thank you for posting

We won't be at Gone Moab sadly (our truck isn't ready yet)

We have quite a few options available for the Frontier, if you need more information about options for your 2011, please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

We can walk you through the listing and help you select one that meets your needs

Nick C.

#38 ·
subscribed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.