Nissan Frontier Forum banner

LED Headlight

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 ·
None available for the Fronty?

#2 ·
We don't offer an LED replacement headlight because they don't generate the same amount of light output as a factory halogen or HID conversion.

LEDs have come a long way in the last few years, but nothing offered on the market today is safe for low-beam use.

We will be doing output comparisons this Summer to show the differences.

Most of these LED headlight replacements make bold Lumen output claims, when it reality they generate less than a factory halogen bulb (under 1,200)

Nick C.

#3 ·
Nick,

Running a set of y'all high output LED fogs in my 2016 Frontier and generally like them, thought they would be a little brighter but the soft yellow does seem to enhance and define objects.

I also just installed an 18" lightbar and while all I've had time for was the aiming it seems like a very well built and bright light bar... One tidbit I'd offer is the hex keys are junk and will strip in the SS button cap hardware before getting tight, I had to run a tap through the holes to ease the tight threads caused by the paint coating.

My question to you is how is the light scatter with the HID retrofit kits y'all offer in the Frontier? I tried a set of 4x4-LED lights and while the low-beam was pretty nice the high-beam was a horrid dim tunnel. BUT the worst part was the low beam light scatter was absolutely uncontrolled to which I was not being flashed by oncoming traffic I was being honked at by 18-wheelers as I was passing them. Realized I was blinding them in their mirrors and lighting up high mounted interstate signage at least a half mile out. I went back to halogen bulbs but I'd still like to improve the built-in headlights if at all possible thus my question here...

#4 ·
I wouldn't recommend installing HIDs in your factory reflector style housings. They will produce an increase in glare without a projector retrofit.

We are still working on our SL1 LED low beam replacement, which will utilize the factory optics perfectly, but unfortunately I don't have an ETA on that product yet.

Thank you for the feedback on the Stage Series light bar! Did you happen to take any pictures?

Nick C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.