Don't buy anything from alpinestars96 - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hope it works out for you. We could all start sending notices on his myspace page....I don't have a myspace account though, but I might make one just to harass somebody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Webwheeler Extraordinaire
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am going to sticky this thread until it gets resolved. Scams are not tolerated on this site, so I sincerely hope this has a happy ending.

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on or
post #23 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
This is the first sale I can recall that has truly gone wrong. Only other incident was a misunderstanding of sorts which resolved iirc.

Yeah, I was close to ****ed by Shinjari. Had to call him out in all his sale threads as he was parting out his truck. ****'m - you reap what you sow. Everyone should be forewarned of flaky asshats.

2005 Frontier CC Nismo 4x4
Exterior: 20% tint, ARE Topper
Performance: NISMO CAI
Suspension: Radflo 2" front, Bils5125 rear with Calmini 1.5" Shackles, Deaver AAL, 285/75 GY Duratrac
Electronics: skipped the HU, audio in to Alpine ERE G180 Equalizer, JL A4300, Alpine MRP 350, Infinity Kappa 60.7cs and 62.7i, JL Stealthbox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Rogue Admin
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Thanked 4,890 Times in 2,766 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazayxflip View Post
paypal is the way to go since you have protection/leverage.
yes, anything over $500 I would agree - use paypal for their protection. There is a con, though - some people will claim they have not received their product to get your goods AND their money back. Paypal will always favour the payee, until there is proof of delivery - so you gotta use shipping that requires a signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort View Post
Someone could pay the boy a visit?
Anybody in the area?
maybe drive on his grass?
post #25 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And Paypal Also Has Very Limited Protection If Not Bought On Ebay

"Understeer, when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer, when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower, how fast you hit the wall. Torque, how far you take the wall with you."

0-60 video P4070007 - YouTube

OWNER BUILT REAR BUMPER AND TIRE CARRIER
OMF street-locked Nismo wheels, 456 GEARS
Shrock skids, winch bumper, 9500# winch.PRG 10 leaf packs, Radflos, BFG KM2 305/70/16
Confer roof rack, aluminum tool boxes, Piaa 525 driving/fog, projector HID headlights, and fogs, Carbon fiber grill sliders, crossdrilled rotors, EBC pads, 1 touch windows. Owner built engine and Custom fit Ken Bell Super Charger. NISMO T stat, UPREV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn1EvGKO1Yo
post #26 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gti16vman
I would say paypal is decent as far as a paper trail goes, but their system isn't perfect either. I once bought a video card for really cheap for a dual monitor setup at work. It was maybe $20 with shipping. Paid immediately, seller never responded to any e-mail. Waited a couple weeks and e-mails with no response before filing the paypal claim. Seller never responded to paypal claim either, so I "won" the claim. Problem is the seller had no money in their account, so I got nothing back. PP said if the seller got money back in their account, PP would refund mine. Bottom line is, even paypal isn't a guarantee. If it would have been for more money, it would have been the paper trail needed to file internet fraud charges or whatever was necessary.

Seth
06 Frontier SE Crew Cab
10 VW Passat Wagon
post #27 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
paypal blows. The few times i've had a problem and filed a dispute, they quickly side with the seller even though I had proof seller was at fault. I still use paypal linked to my credit card, but if I ever need to dispute, I go directly to my credit card. My credit card contacts paypal and does the necessary work. Never had a problem and received credit for any dispute going this route.
post #28 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ I bough a exhaust pipe online once. They never shipped it. I called my credit card and they reached in and grabed my money back... just like that! I would use credit card over pay pal any day.

JUNE 2010 TOTM
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordo For This Useful Post:
WSMITH2004 (10-17-2011)
post #29 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Rogue Admin
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Thanked 4,890 Times in 2,766 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
paypal blows. The few times i've had a problem and filed a dispute, they quickly side with the seller even though I had proof seller was at fault. I still use paypal linked to my credit card, but if I ever need to dispute, I go directly to my credit card. My credit card contacts paypal and does the necessary work. Never had a problem and received credit for any dispute going this route.
^ this. I should have mentioned the credit card link.

i had a good experience with paypal when someone took several $50 withdrawals from my account. called them (which is hard to find the #) and they looked at it, said they would let me know. called me back 3 days later, money was all back in my account, they said they found this person was doing a larger fraud.
post #30 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro 4x 09 View Post
I sent a money order. I bought a lot of parts on other forums in the past and always paid with money order and never had any problems. Most peoples are honest and Alpinestars96 looked like he was honest but obviously he is not. I am from Canada and he is from USA, he knows I won't travel 2,000 miles to meet him, this is why I consider that I have lost my money now.
dude if its a postal money order its Federal aka 'nail his a**'
i feel your pain tho

06 SE BLK ext. cab 4x4, 6 spd.
2" Spacer, Deaver AAL's, studded Goodyear Duratrac 285/75 16, Jason bed cap, DIY ski rig bed kit w/cubbies for gear & skis, section of stacker tool box, 1000W inverter and LED lighting, Hella 500's in the grille.

why can't they build a 600hp mid size pickup with good street manners, a warranty and good gas mileage for a decent price? is that too much to ask?!

Nissan Frontier Forum > Classifieds Area > Buy/Sell/Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Dont buy these... | - »