wife just doesnt get it! - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I should probably swap my radiator too huh....(been reading about the cross contamination issues) coolant is still nice and green thank god.

08 fire engine red frontier. 80k mile range. 2* timing advance. OEM NGK iridium tipped plugs. K and N FIPK. Custom intake manifold spacer. Custom Magnaflow catback system with dual pipes/tips (1 in 2 out). Castrol edge w/titanium oil changes, K and N oil filters. Nissan matic S OEM tranny fluid. New BF goodrich OEM T/A tires. Truxedo tonneau. bed liner/extender. Chrome bumpers/grill/tailgate handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Premium Member

Thanked 1,035 Times in 742 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIVE WAR A CHANCE View Post
just got the code for a bad fuel level sending unit. Im trying to explain to my wife that since im going to have to drop the tank we might as well spend some extra money on a new fuel pump while we are in there. Its not goin over too well.......GRRRRR
do you really need to ask us to tell you to stand up to your wife?

“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”

pain of discipline.
pain of regret.
take your pick.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

My wife tried to give me a hard time on the radiator but she changed her tune when I told her the cost of replacing a transmission and then showed her the letter that nissan covered the radiator up to 80k miles that sold it new radiator installed no argument.
#14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Shift_Hardcore

I ususualy flip up the bed instead of dropping the tank. Much easier IMO. At least on my last niisan truck . have not done it on a D40 yet.

The procedure was losen three nuts on the far side, undo three nuts on the near. Pull off tail gate, jsut to make it lighter. Lift up bed and prop up with 2x4. Fuel pump right there.

I would side with the wife. Nissan fuel pumps dont really fail. Why replace it other than the fuel level sender comes pre attched to new units (lazy).

06 KC NISMO 4x4, 2" prg spacer front, Firestone riderite airbags rear, Schrockwrxs front engine skid, Custom sliders, Hidden hitch reciever, Deck plate Airbox mod/amsoil filter, Momo shift knob removed, back to 06+ nismo knob, 05 pathy flat black wheels, 265/75/r16 Tread Wright Sentinel with Kedge Grip, wireless door lock keypad, cargo light bypass, auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and temp.
http://mrpulldown.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Nissan4Life For This Useful Post:
GIVE WAR A CHANCE (11-08-2012)
#15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Shift_Newbie

Just got off the phone with the dealership, and they said no way jose on replacing the sending unit under warranty. Apparently the recall on that ends at 72,000 miles and the radiator issue at 80,000 miles. The funny thing is I brought it to the dealership for an inspection when I bought the thing at 55,000 miles and they didnt say a damn thing..

08 fire engine red frontier. 80k mile range. 2* timing advance. OEM NGK iridium tipped plugs. K and N FIPK. Custom intake manifold spacer. Custom Magnaflow catback system with dual pipes/tips (1 in 2 out). Castrol edge w/titanium oil changes, K and N oil filters. Nissan matic S OEM tranny fluid. New BF goodrich OEM T/A tires. Truxedo tonneau. bed liner/extender. Chrome bumpers/grill/tailgate handle.
#16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Shift_Newbie

Diggin your idea nissan. Ordering part next week and ill let ya know how everything goes. Im going to swap the radiator too should make an opportunity for a lot of beer drinking in the motor pool.

#17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I swapped in a Walbro 255lp in mine when I installed the super charger at 40k. Its a $100 and theyre quality pumps and a bolt in

"Understeer, when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer, when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower, how fast you hit the wall. Torque, how far you take the wall with you."

0-60 video P4070007 - YouTube

OWNER BUILT REAR BUMPER AND TIRE CARRIER
OMF street-locked Nismo wheels, 456 GEARS
Shrock skids, winch bumper, 9500# winch.PRG 10 leaf packs, Radflos, BFG KM2 305/70/16
Confer roof rack, aluminum tool boxes, Piaa 525 driving/fog, projector HID headlights, and fogs, Carbon fiber grill sliders, crossdrilled rotors, EBC pads, 1 touch windows. Owner built engine and Custom fit Ken Bell Super Charger. NISMO T stat, UPREV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn1EvGKO1Yo
#18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Not sure why you want to replace a perfectly good part. Has any ever heard of a fuel pump going bad on the second gens? Not exactly a common issue........these aren't gm's

2011 FRONTIER SV 4X4 6SPD CC/LB Knight Armour
Lifted, truetrac, injen, ims, bullydog, skids, HID projectors, WRP underdrive crank pulley, blah, blah blah
#19 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Shift_Hardcore

I'm at 182k miles on my '08 and no problem on mine yet.

Ryan
2008 CC Nismo 4x4
Superchips Cortex, AEM Brute Force intake, WRP Crank Pulley, XTP IMS, custom magnaflow dual exhaust, OME HD 608's w/Bilstein 5100 Adjustables, 3" AC AALs, adjustable shackles, 5125 Bilsteins, 2" body lift, 285/75/16 GY Wrangler MTR's, custom sliders, NXRocks skid plates, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Heftyfab Bumper, Lokka front diff locker (not installed yet)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.