wife just doesnt get it! - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Shift_Newbie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wife just doesnt get it!

just got the code for a bad fuel level sending unit. Im trying to explain to my wife that since im going to have to drop the tank we might as well spend some extra money on a new fuel pump while we are in there. Its not goin over too well.......GRRRRR

08 fire engine red frontier. 80k mile range. 2* timing advance. OEM NGK iridium tipped plugs. K and N FIPK. Custom intake manifold spacer. Custom Magnaflow catback system with dual pipes/tips (1 in 2 out). Castrol edge w/titanium oil changes, K and N oil filters. Nissan matic S OEM tranny fluid. New BF goodrich OEM T/A tires. Truxedo tonneau. bed liner/extender. Chrome bumpers/grill/tailgate handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Check this option out. I had my fuel sending unit (08 frontier) replaced under a recall. It hadn't thrown an error yet but nissan replaced it anyways.
NissanAssist.com

Just noticed your mileage... Could try and see if they'll cover it even if your over the mileage limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to chad For This Useful Post:
GIVE WAR A CHANCE (11-07-2012)
#3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Shift_Newbie

Ya ive heard about them covering stuff even if people are over the mileage limit; however, I figured I was way over. Does anyone have experience with a dealer covering things with my kind of mileage?

08 fire engine red frontier. 80k mile range. 2* timing advance. OEM NGK iridium tipped plugs. K and N FIPK. Custom intake manifold spacer. Custom Magnaflow catback system with dual pipes/tips (1 in 2 out). Castrol edge w/titanium oil changes, K and N oil filters. Nissan matic S OEM tranny fluid. New BF goodrich OEM T/A tires. Truxedo tonneau. bed liner/extender. Chrome bumpers/grill/tailgate handle.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Shift_Newbie

What's the cost of the just the sender versus the cost of the whole pump assembly? I would have to side with your wife there if its a substantial difference which I imagine it is. Dropping a tank isn't really all that difficult and if the pump is working fine why replace it? And avoid an aftermarket pump like the plague they are crap
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rollingcarshopaz For This Useful Post:
FitzIngarage (11-19-2012), GIVE WAR A CHANCE (11-07-2012)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 PM
JNR
Shift_Hardcore

Sometimes you have to be the man and wear the pants.

he he, but know what you mean when it comes to cars and esp. modifications; they're pretty clueless and don't care about that...then again, not that we really care about shoes or purses, so it works both ways
#6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I feel for you. She doesnt need to get it, she just needs to get that you are doing the right thing. Just like you dont need to know why she needs that new outfit. (my wife for example)

My wife told me this years ago. As I used to explain, in detail, the repairs to her, she told me "I dont really care.... if you say it needs to be fixed, it needs to be fixed. Just get the parts and we will figure out how to pay for it" Luckily now, we dont need to worry about how to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingcarshopaz View Post
What's the cost of the just the sender versus the cost of the whole pump assembly? I would have to side with your wife there if its a substantial difference which I imagine it is. Dropping a tank isn't really all that difficult and if the pump is working fine why replace it? And avoid an aftermarket pump like the plague they are crap
I GET IT!

Its not about the cost. Its about not having to do the same job twice (some folks dont have that kind of spare time... I dont) and having the peace of mind that your fuel pump is lasting at least another 80k. Im all about preventative maintenance... if I have it all apart, I do everything I can while I am there. Trust me, you dont want to change a fuel pump in a parking lot in the middle of Nebraska.
The Following User Says Thank You to mt.aero For This Useful Post:
#7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Shift_Newbie

I guess for me it is about the cost. To me a fuel pump isn't routine maintenance, and if I'm looking at a difference of hundreds of dollars between parts, I'm keeping cash in my pocket. Water pump with a timing belt? Sure absolutely. But not my way on a fuel pump. However I always say to each his own, especially when it comes to his own money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rollingcarshopaz For This Useful Post:
#8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Shift_Newbie

I just got a nice re enlistment bonus, so id like to swap it now than have it go bad in 3 years when we are back to pinching every penny for retirement. mt aero how do you like those bilstein shocks?

#9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to sexy6chick
I pretty much never tell my husband 'no' on anything when it comes to the truck. And I even go to the store to get the parts for him.

~*Natalie*~

SASed 2002 S/C 4x4 Nissan Frontier
2007 4x4 Nissan Frontier

ONAZ (Offroad Nissans of Arizona)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sexy6chick For This Useful Post:
BRUTAL (11-08-2012), nissanaddicted (11-07-2012), x_mods (11-09-2012)
#10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I really like the bilsteins. They ride nice on and offroad. I have some soft springs too and they really keep them well controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexy6chick View Post
I pretty much never tell my husband 'no' on anything when it comes to the truck. And I even go to the store to get the parts for him.
So awesome!

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.