USA falling apart!! - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibane View Post
If anything, "Affirmative Action" (isn't that a lovely euphemism, BTW?) has made America more backward, racist, and sexist. It has promoted the perception that people of certain ethnicities and sexes are mentally or physically inferior to others, and therefore must be given preferential treatment to compensate for their "deficiencies".

It has helped to divide us, by granting special favors to people with certain skin colors or an extra X chromosome.

It is just another form of racism - Institutionalized and enforced by our federal government.
i couldn't agree more^

Patrick // 06 KC Nismosis 6 spd Storm Gray
Mods: lots... Uprev tuned: 257whp & 292 ft lbs
09 Pontiac G8 GXP // M6 // Sunroof // Tint... For Now
http://jpmcgphotography.smugmug.com <-- My Photography

"I prefer to drive manuals because I prefer to drive, not be driven."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I applied to be an Oakland cop (born and raised in Oakland) back in 1975. Passed all the exams but wasn't hired because I am white. Personnel (human resources) came right out and admitted I "was the wrong color".
The reason of course was "affirmative action".

2010 Frontier Crew Cab SE long bed 4X2, avalanche
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, stock
#13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,086 Times in 845 Posts
Garage
In a perfect world, there never would have been a need for AA or a host of other things passed by lawmakers.

#14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I would say the whole western world is showing signs of falling apart, at least financially. The US along with majority of the EU are broke and things are only going to get worse with the upcoming fiscal cliff. And just throwing more money at the problem isn't going to help. I personally feel that Ron Paul was America's last hope to start pro-actively changing the way things are done.

The biggest things that bother me are:
-The same elitists who caused this mess are the ones who got filthy rich at the expense of everyday people
-Trying to pass laws to censor the internet
-WAY to much money going to both political parties in donations, cap it and allow the other parties a chance to have there say. There is no reason a Russian News channel should be the only network willing to broadcast the 3rd party presidential debate
-Signing the biggest infringement on American's constitution rights on new years eve last year when everyone was busy with the holidays.
NDAA act : Giving the president, through the military - the power to arrest and detain any American citizen across the globe without a trial
-Media and Entertainment controlling 90% of everything we hear and see on TV/newspapers
-Trying to police the world and seeing all the uncertainty in the middle east result from it
-The fact that majorty of people want Genetically modified foods to be labelled so that we can be aware and make a conscious decision as to whether we want to eat them or not
-Music industry puppets whose constant messages are to de-moralize the youth, and to a certain extent satanic
-The exportation of jobs to places that pay there labor force pennies (ie. China)

And I could keep on going lol. Here in Alberta we have been nearly recension proof because of the oil industry, but everyone is financed to the max, and the average house price well over 400,000, things are going to burst financially as soon as the interest rates start increasing and some more of these oil projects come to a halt.

Alberta Xterra (& frontier) Enthusiasts http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

2010 pro 4x CC - Titan Swapped w/ SAW, Shrock front w/ XRC-8 comp winch, Calmini rear, Hefty Sliders & Skids, Safari style snorkel, XTP IMS,Alien LED, Bilstein 5125, PRG Shackles and AAL, 255/85/16 KM2's.
#15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by humz View Post
Here in Alberta we have been nearly recension proof because of the oil industry, but everyone is financed to the max, and the average house price well over 400,000, things are going to burst financially as soon as the interest rates start increasing and some more of these oil projects come to a halt.
Environmentalism will be used to cripple the oil industry, just as it is currently being used to cripple the coal industry.

Count on it.

2012 Super Black Crew Cab SV 2WD, Retrax Pro bed cover, FT-7900R 2m/70cm ham radio
#16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Garage
my opinion on the secession movement is that it won't go anywhere as too many people get federal govt. checks or benefits and they are not stupid. If your state secedes from the union...those benefits and checks will stop coming. Each state would have to have its population approve secession by a majority vote and there are too many of us getting federal dollars or benefits that it just won't sell. The States sure don't have the funds to take up these programs if secession were approved. Its a no brainer....and a waste of time.

'08 Frontier, 4 cylinder, A/C, cruise control, manual 5 spd, radio/cd, with CREE LED back up lights from JLC
Removed back jump seats, seat covers installed on front seats, front bug shield installed on hood, mudflaps all around

#17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Environmentalism will be used to cripple the oil industry, just as it is currently being used to cripple the coal industry.

Count on it.
I could see that happening later in my later years when newer cleaner methods of fuel will come into existence. But for now oil isn't going anywhere fast, there is still way too much money at stake politically and economically.

Alberta Xterra (& frontier) Enthusiasts http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

2010 pro 4x CC - Titan Swapped w/ SAW, Shrock front w/ XRC-8 comp winch, Calmini rear, Hefty Sliders & Skids, Safari style snorkel, XTP IMS,Alien LED, Bilstein 5125, PRG Shackles and AAL, 255/85/16 KM2's.
#18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Garage
Quote:

Count on it.
Skibane and Humz bring up some good points. I would like to provide another picture. There is an increase in natural disasters world wide (droughts, floods, typhoons, hurricanes, etc) and there is a pretty solid argument that human emissions of carbon into the air are adding to the global warming and the increase in these natural disasters. How much rebuilding of homes, businesses, highways, bridges, and other infrastructure has to take place before we "see" what is happening? We lost about 200 homes here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 2008 due to terrific spring and summer rains that just kept coming until our rivers went way over their banks. It was suppose to have been a once in a 500 year event but it came only 15 years after another major flood in 1993 (a once in 100 year flood event). Look at what Superstorm Sandy has done on the East Coast. Billions of dollars in damages, lives lost, commerce disrupted. Now here in Iowa we are dealing with a major drought. If we continue to ignore carbon emissions as a contributing cause for these events we and our children will pay a heavy price in great financial burden placed upon them to have to keep rebuilding the cities near oceans, the towns and cities located near rivers, and in ever higher food prices as scarcity begins to drive up food costs. We really have to get serious about promorting renewable energy sources even if we have to pay higher energy costs. It will be cheaper than having to continually rebuild all of our infrastructures. I am not saying to stop using coal or oil but rather to do no impediment to allowing renewables to come on-line and to have a level playing field to compete with carbon based fuels. Just my opinion.

'08 Frontier, 4 cylinder, A/C, cruise control, manual 5 spd, radio/cd, with CREE LED back up lights from JLC
Removed back jump seats, seat covers installed on front seats, front bug shield installed on hood, mudflaps all around

The Following User Says Thank You to xtopherfishing For This Useful Post:
2WD_NISMO (11-26-2012)
#19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopherfishing View Post
Skibane and Humz bring up some good points. I would like to provide another picture. There is an increase in natural disasters world wide (droughts, floods, typhoons, hurricanes, etc) and there is a pretty solid argument that human emissions of carbon into the air are adding to the global warming and the increase in these natural disasters. How much rebuilding of homes, businesses, highways, bridges, and other infrastructure has to take place before we "see" what is happening? We lost about 200 homes here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 2008 due to terrific spring and summer rains that just kept coming until our rivers went way over their banks. It was suppose to have been a once in a 500 year event but it came only 15 years after another major flood in 1993 (a once in 100 year flood event). Look at what Superstorm Sandy has done on the East Coast. Billions of dollars in damages, lives lost, commerce disrupted. Now here in Iowa we are dealing with a major drought. If we continue to ignore carbon emissions as a contributing cause for these events we and our children will pay a heavy price in great financial burden placed upon them to have to keep rebuilding the cities near oceans, the towns and cities located near rivers, and in ever higher food prices as scarcity begins to drive up food costs. We really have to get serious about promorting renewable energy sources even if we have to pay higher energy costs. It will be cheaper than having to continually rebuild all of our infrastructures. I am not saying to stop using coal or oil but rather to do no impediment to allowing renewables to come on-line and to have a level playing field to compete with carbon based fuels. Just my opinion.
Couldn't agree more, I currently work in the oil sands and you would have to be a fool to think all of the carbon emissions aren't playing a factor in this world.

Its tough because scientists are so divided on the issue at hand. And I personally am getting a little concerned about just how involved the UN is getting with all of there treaties and recommendations in the name of so called peace and the greater good for man kind.

I think society as a whole needs to collectively agree upon a much cleaner future mainly through education, and not through different levels of government trying to enslave us to be whatever they want us to be.

The Following User Says Thank You to humz For This Useful Post:
xtopherfishing (11-26-2012)
#20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopherfishing View Post
Ordinary people tend to notice events that reinforce their beliefs, and ignore events that don't.

Scientists tend to notice events that get them research grant money, and ignore events that don't.

A parable:

Once upon a time, a group of scientists taught a flea to jump whenever a bell was rung.

After the novelty of what they'd accomplished started to wear off, they got bored, and decided to see what would happen when they removed one of the flea's legs.

The flea still jumped whenever the bell was rung.

They continued to remove the flea's legs, one-by-one. Each time, the flea continued to jump, until after they removed his last leg.

Upon observing that the flea no longer jumped when the bell was rung, they concluded that removing all a flea's legs makes him deaf.

2012 Super Black Crew Cab SV 2WD, Retrax Pro bed cover, FT-7900R 2m/70cm ham radio

Last edited by Skibane; 11-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skibane For This Useful Post:
crzycrkr (11-29-2012), LAOneTime (11-29-2012)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.