So...How's the "government shutdown" treating you? - Page 4 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
"It doesn’t matter whether it’s drugs, bodies, or how large the group is, our agents are being ordered to stand down by Border Patrol management,” said Moran. "I have received reports from our agents in every single sector from San Diego to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas that they are receiving these orders."
Exclusive--Border Patrol Rep Claims Agents Being Ordered to Stand Down

2008 SE 4WD, Crew Cab, Long Bed; Leer 180 Cap, 2" Receiver hitch, Trailer wiring in bumper. Cooper 245/75/16 M&S (Winter). Cooper 265/75R16 ATP (Summer). Full set of Hefty skids, TJM Coilover w/HD spring, SPC upper control arms and 2" rear add a leaf plus 1" block. TJM extended travel rear shocks. Pyle backup camera wired to a Pioneer radio.
#33 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sFrontier View Post
My mom is one of the furloughed govt employees. Today I have given her $2,000 to pay bills and keep from losing her home. Pretty much just drained my savings completely for emergencies but that's what family is for. Tomorrow she is going to start a hardship withdraw against her 401K to keep afloat. There are 41,000 Government employees and 80,000 government contractors here in missouri without pay. This is going to kill the economy and foreclosures are going to go thru the roof. She was telling me that she contacted her mortgage company to see what programs they had to help, and their response was make sure the payment is made on time if not get a lawyer and we will begin the foreclosure process. What kind of bullsh!t is that! I got her to the point were she is safe for the next two weeks for now. Hope this doesn't go too much longer.
it takes more than being late on one payment to end up in foreclosure unless she has some sort of shady mortgage. the person she talked to lied to her to try and force her to make a payment.

05 LE CC 4X4. SUPER BLACK
#34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
it takes more than being late on one payment to end up in foreclosure unless she has some sort of shady mortgage. the person she talked to lied to her to try and force her to make a payment.
Her and i both know this, the rep was a complete a-hole. Mortgage company is Wells Fargo, which sucks a$s just like bank of America. IMO Wells and BoA are the worst banks in the US. I never go thru them for anything. It was more than likely just a threat. I work for a bank myself, so i am fully aware of the foreclosure process and what it takes.

Frontier Facebook group.
My Build Thread
LED Headlight Review Thread

2014 Nissan Rogue AL AWD - Purchased 3/5/2014 - 20% Tint, Chrome Bumper Protector, LEDs (Dome, Reverse, License Plate, Cargo Area)
2012 CC SV 4x4 - SOLD
#35 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Shift_Fanatic

But there are enough park rangers on duty to stake out this entrance to the Pisgah Inn.

inn-1.jpg - Washington Times

This is not a shutdown, it's a shakedown.

2008 SE 4WD, Crew Cab, Long Bed; Leer 180 Cap, 2" Receiver hitch, Trailer wiring in bumper. Cooper 245/75/16 M&S (Winter). Cooper 265/75R16 ATP (Summer). Full set of Hefty skids, TJM Coilover w/HD spring, SPC upper control arms and 2" rear add a leaf plus 1" block. TJM extended travel rear shocks. Pyle backup camera wired to a Pioneer radio.
The Following User Says Thank You to PedalBiker For This Useful Post:
jhughes3281 (10-04-2013)
#36 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Her and i both know this, the rep was a complete a-hole. Mortgage company is Wells Fargo, which sucks a$s just like bank of America. IMO Wells and BoA are the worst banks in the US. I never go thru them for anything. It was more than likely just a threat. I work for a bank myself, so i am fully aware of the foreclosure process and what it takes.
Have you ever heard of Ocwen? They have a F rating by the BBB for something like 1500 unresolved complaints.

We have Ocwen. They paid our insurance late, then demanded we send them proof of insurance. They try to get your private isurance cancelled so that they can sign you up with an affiliate company that charges 2x and gives them a kickback.

If we had a real government companies like that would have been shut down or punished for fraud. But our existing government is so corrupted by the revolving door between regulator and regulated they have lost nearly all ability to function.

I'm sorry for folks who are missing a paycheck, but events like this are a prime example of why it's more important to have a rainy day fund than an HDTV, a nice car or an exotic vacation. Even your mortgage payment should be a commitment you take on with trepidation. A leaky roof could cost $5k - $10k a new furnace is $2,500. Home ownership can be full of nasty surprises.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PedalBiker For This Useful Post:
i_ski (10-05-2013), ploobr (10-04-2013)
#37 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
I had a 2,000 reserve fund for emergencies, most big things like the roof is covered by insurance. furnace is something that can be financed. most of the US doesn't have 2,000 or 100 for that matter sitting around. its hard to save money with the cost of living going up and no one giving raises. The beginning of this year i got a 1% raise and my health insurance went up. that 1% didn't even cover that. My mother normally has money saved away but some health issues changed that recently. Her and i both normally have 2-3 months of income saved away.

Frontier Facebook group.
My Build Thread

2014 Nissan Rogue AL AWD - Purchased 3/5/2014 - 20% Tint, Chrome Bumper Protector, LEDs (Dome, Reverse, License Plate, Cargo Area)
2012 CC SV 4x4 - SOLD
#38 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
My mother normally has money saved away but some health issues changed that recently. Her and i both normally have 2-3 months of income saved away.
I wasn't trying to slam your mom, I don't know her situation.

Quote:
The beginning of this year i got a 1% raise and my health insurance went up. that 1% didn't even cover that.
Yup, my health insurance has been eating every raise I got for the last several years (many of which had pay freezes). It's one thing if you don't have any choice, but so many people with no savings have chosen their way into the situation, maybe bit by bit, maybe all at once.

This is a sore spot for me because in the process of buying our house several years ago I tried to convince my wife to be extra cautious because the trends were clear that other living expenses were going to consume an ever growing % of our household budget. I didn't want to get stuck in an unmanageable mortgage. It caused quite a bit of marital strife to keep us in an affordable house. Heat, food and medical bills are taking a much larger chunk of our income than before. If I hadn't been such a "stick in the mud" back then we'd be hurting a lot more now.

A significant fraction of my extended family has maneuvered themselves into tenuous financial situations. Some dropped out of school, others just borrowed their way into it. Much of the financial "advise" you get on TV is bunk.

#39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalBiker View Post
I wasn't trying to slam your mom, I don't know her situation.

Yup, my health insurance has been eating every raise I got for the last several years (many of which had pay freezes). It's one thing if you don't have any choice, but so many people with no savings have chosen their way into the situation, maybe bit by bit, maybe all at once.

This is a sore spot for me because in the process of buying our house several years ago I tried to convince my wife to be extra cautious because the trends were clear that other living expenses were going to consume an ever growing % of our household budget. I didn't want to get stuck in an unmanageable mortgage. It caused quite a bit of marital strife to keep us in an affordable house. Heat, food and medical bills are taking a much larger chunk of our income than before. If I hadn't been such a "stick in the mud" back then we'd be hurting a lot more now.

A significant fraction of my extended family has maneuvered themselves into tenuous financial situations. Some dropped out of school, others just borrowed their way into it. Much of the financial "advise" you get on TV is bunk.
I know you weren't. I just got myself a house in Aug 2012. I purchased it thru a first time home buyers program the state has. got my closing and down payment pretty much paid for. I purchased a short sale home and a pretty much new home (7 years old now) for about 50k under value. Mortgage is only 70 bucks more than my rent at the time and the utilities are cheaper. I am actually spending less on housing now and its ALL mine.

Frontier Facebook group.
My Build Thread

2012 CC SV 4x4 - SOLD
#40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibane View Post
... National Park Service closes historic farm it hasn't supported since 1980 ...

Oh, the humanity! <g>

Headlines scream that the NPS is losing $450K/Day in lost entry fees. What isn't being reported is that taxpayers are spending 2,500 times that amount each day on interest payments on Federal debt. Nor have I read anything about NPS mission creep, where sites like Horseshoe Curve and Scranton's Steamtown (both in PA) have been on the receiving end of over $70,000,000 in funds to build and staff parks that weren't needed and in the case of Horseshoe Curve, screwed up a nice simple property that was far more attractive beforehand.

2006 SE CC 4x2 6-Speed 4.0L w/Power Package & ABLS, Red Brawn, Nissan Step Rails, Hood Protector and Soft Tonneau, Clarion CX501, Stock Speakers, Pioneer TS-T110 Tweeters and LED Reverse Lights

Last edited by FitzIngarage; 10-04-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.