Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1595 Post(s)
Thanked 4,804 Times in 2,715 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhowdy View Post
I hope that it will stay near the top too Zedbra .... I did not know that it existed, of course I have not been around here all that long. What you and the wife are doing with your boys is great! They will grow up with those values ..... bravo sir.

Helping others, paying it forward or whatever you want to call it does not always have to take a monetary donation. My family gives back to our community at every opportunity possible, or boys are grown and on their own with wives and children but they make us proud by following the values that we gave them as kids and helping others. We volunteer for every habitat home being built, we help with the free reading program at the local library, we read once a week at local retirement homes (my wife is a school teacher what I can I say). For many years I ran a free website dedicated to high school baseball (and college recruiting for the fortunate few) .... We will help serve Christmas dinner at a local shelter for the 23rd straight year. We have already been Salvation Army bell ringers once this year and have another date that will "ring" again as well.

We do things that require money donations as well. Since our boys are grown we now select 2 youth angel tree names and 2 senior angel tree names (they have senior trees in our area) .... We donate time and money to send all three of the 3rd grade classes at my wife's school to the zoo each year. I always pay for the person(s) behind me in a drive thru. Of course there are "Coats for the Cold" .... putting flags on the military grave sites for the Veterans Day, Memorial Day, etc. holidays

There are 1,000's of ways to donate or help out ...... We find that it becomes kind of a selfish thing. We get as much out of it as the people that we think that we are helping .... in many cases they are really helping us
Sounds like you and wife are very good people, I'd love to have a drink with you sometime. I particularly like your last paragraph (which I made bold) - it is so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhowdy View Post
Why can't this be made into a "Sticky" Zedbra? The two stickies at the top of this forum have not been accessed since the end of 2014 ... this topic is 100% worthy. Just my 2 cents worth
Doing it now, thanks. Let's keep it going, CF.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zedbra For This Useful Post:
whistler (12-13-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Rogue Admin
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
Our local shelter has created a "Recycle Bicycle" program - it takes used bikes, teaches jobless people how to fix them, and then donates them to those that can't afford a bike. SO my boys and I loaded up a few of their old bikes and also picked up a few from a friend and delivered them to see a better future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike donation.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	184257  
jon_bransford likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zedbra For This Useful Post:
2013Pro4X (02-05-2016), BCBrian (02-07-2016), JeniorNV (02-05-2016)
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 04:10 AM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Thanked 1,004 Times in 466 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Our local shelter has created a "Recycle Bicycle" program - it takes used bikes, teaches jobless people how to fix them, and then donates them to those that can't afford a bike. SO my boys and I loaded up a few of their old bikes and also picked up a few from a friend and delivered them to see a better future.
Very cool!

Bob
2008 Nismo King Cab / V6 / 6 Speed Manual
My Build Thread

Life Is Short. Live It To The Fullest. It Has An Expiration Date

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
For my daughters first birthday we requested (we printed it on the invitations) that people bring a gift to donate rather than a gift for her. We are blessed enough to be able to buy her way more toys than she needs. After the party we took a truck load of toys to our county resource center and donated them to needy families. It felt great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jon_bransford likes this.

05 Frontier CC Nismo 4x4
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AFguy05 For This Useful Post:
2013Pro4X (02-07-2016), BCBrian (02-07-2016), bhowdy (02-06-2016), Frontier4x (02-16-2016), JeniorNV (02-07-2016), Zedbra (02-07-2016)
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Thanked 1,004 Times in 466 Posts
Garage
No feeling like it! Congrats to you and your daughter!

Bob
2008 Nismo King Cab / V6 / 6 Speed Manual
My Build Thread

Life Is Short. Live It To The Fullest. It Has An Expiration Date

The Following User Says Thank You to bhowdy For This Useful Post:
AFguy05 (02-06-2016)
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Most recently, I was on my way in to work and a S-10 came around a corner, hit black ice, and fishtailed into my lane. I swerved to miss, and he ended up nose down in a ditch on his side of the road. His rear wheels were still on pavement but he was just spinning tires and was hopelessly stuck. I turned around and came back. The driver said his 4wd had just gone out so he couldn't move the truck. We were in a blind curve so stopping traffic was a bit difficult but another driver in a Ford F150 stopped to help also. He directed traffic to stop and I backed up hitch to hitch to the stuck truck and hooked him up using a tow strap he just happened to have, then put mine in 4wd, and pulled him right out. Now this may not seem like much of a thing to others but for me it was an awesome feeling. I had just helped get a man back on track, with hardly any loss of time, saved him a tow fee, and we were all on our way again in minutes. In the process, I had driven across road into a muddy field (just a two lane road), and traffic had began to flow again after my new buddies had already gone, so now I'm the one held up. But a power company truck that had been in waiting traffic and saw this happen decided to pull into both lanes and hold it up for me so I could get out on the road again. I thanked them and went on. The whole experience left me with such a positive feeling, and more love for this truck than ever. I just wanted to share with other Frontier owners.

2014 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4.0 V6 4x4 Cayenne Red
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frontier14 For This Useful Post:
2013Pro4X (02-16-2016), AFguy05 (02-16-2016), BCBrian (03-10-2016), Blue Devil (03-09-2016), drobs (02-16-2016), JeniorNV (02-16-2016), KAB (02-16-2016), Zedbra (02-17-2016)
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 11:10 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
This thread is Awesome

2010 LIFTED, LOCKED,and ARMORED Four Wheel Drive

My Build Thread:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...thread-224817/
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Banned
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
I took 2 dozen donuts to trashmen and trash truck drivers. One of them was in town from 200 miles away and didn't have a car so I took him to buy cigarettes. It's amazing how thankful people are who aren't used to people being nice to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerankin For This Useful Post:
Zedbra (03-10-2016)
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Rogue Admin
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
It was the second nice day of spring so I was doing all kinds of chores around the yard. I live in a quiet neighbourhood and usually say hello to anyone that passes. Up the road was coming a father and son on bikes, the little one on a small bike with training wheels that was much too small for him and therefore pedaling so slow the dad was having a hard time balancing at the snail's pace. I asked the father to wheel over - said I have a larger bike for his son and perhaps that would get them both moving faster and easier on the little guy's knees. He asked how much? I told him nothing - all I ask is that you pass it on to another boy that needs it when he is done. The bike was the same brand as what he had and I even quickly found the training wheels for him. The father was very grateful and it made the little boy's and his morning, to say the least.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zedbra For This Useful Post:
2013Pro4X (03-26-2016), AFguy05 (06-19-2016), BCBrian (03-26-2016), JeniorNV (03-26-2016), shift_RUSH (03-26-2016)
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Drizzly day today with a little wind, between Good Friday and Easter. I made a run to Lowes to buy a sprinkler head. On the way I noticed in passing someone in a wheelchair on the sidewalk in an area without any walkers. The person was bundled up as a homeless person might be. Couple hours later had to make second trip to Lowes to exchange wrong size sprinkler head – wheelchair person still in the same spot. I drove on by. I went about a mile and said to self, “Something is not right.” Turned around and went back. The ‘wheelchair person’ was an older lady, clearly down on her luck, perhaps homeless, and with a serious speech impediment and some palsy. I introduced myself and asked if I could be of any help. “Yes”, she said. She had run her wheelchair off the sidewalk and was stuck with two wheels in the ditch, so to speak, and had dropped several items trying to get back on the level. She had been stuck all morning. I fixed up her chair and asked what else I could do, could I take her somewhere, was she hungry, could I call someone for her? No to all, she thanked me with a smile and in a friendly way but said she was fine now her wheelchair was out of the ditch. Hmmm, Ok. Off I went. Got about a mile again and pulled over, called 911. With my description the 911 guy immediately knew who I was talking about. Authorities have offered help many times but she declines and manages by herself, somehow.

Where are her children, her people? She should be singing in a choir tomorrow morning with her family and friends in the audience. It's getting dark and chilly now and I don't know where she might be. I can’t get her out of my mind.

2013 SV KC 4x2 6-Speed manual 4.0L w/Value Package, Brilliant Silver, Leer 100XQ cap w/Thule Aero Blade roof rack, Dee Zee Heavyweight bed mat and BedRug mat, Coverking Poly-Cotton seatcovers, Coverking sunscreen, Auto Center Armrest Console Cover, Drop Stop Seat Gap Fillers, HEXOMAT Floor Mats, WeatherTech BumpStep, Dashcams - Street Guardian's Panorama G in front and Panarama X1 in the rear -

"Trust, but verify." - Ronald Reagan
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill_c For This Useful Post:
BCBrian (03-26-2016), Blue Devil (05-03-2016), JeniorNV (03-26-2016), shift_RUSH (03-26-2016), Zedbra (03-26-2016)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.