Preppers - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just in case some folks weren't already aware (and I don't think that most Costco members are even aware) - Costco has quite a bit of emergency food and water stuff to choose from.

They sell kits ranging from a 1 month supply of freeze dried food in a 6 gallon bucket sufficient to feed one person for $100 to a kit sufficient to feed 4 people for 1 year for $3500.

Emergency Kits & Supplies

2012 Frontier Pro4X
King Cab
Automatic
Super Black (not just black but SUPER black!)
EZDown tailgate strut
Weathertech DigitalFit mats (grey)
Diamondback HD - LineX tonneau cover
The Following User Says Thank You to HeavyG For This Useful Post:
x_mods (01-16-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I always have an extra case of beer and pack of smokes just in case things go south.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySheds For This Useful Post:
HighALT (01-16-2013)
#23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I've decided not to be a prepper. If the s#it hits the fan, I'll rather be a goner than to deal with the mess that will be left behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzo's SV 4x4 For This Useful Post:
HeavyG (01-16-2013)
#24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughes3281 View Post
^ that the difference between a farm boy and a city boy.

My 72 hour pack is 43 lbs right now, but as extra food/water as well as ammo. All which makes it heavier.
well, yeah. LOL, but that doesnt mean you cant get him to carry his own load. start off small with a small pack that fits him and add some weight to it. then take him for an afternoon hike around the local nature trail. start small and move up. even if you start with just a hydration pack filled with 100oz of water and some snacks. if he handles that well then next time add lunch and a couple of bottles of water along with the 100oz of water and the snacks. walk the trail and find somewhere you can sit for a while and eat lunch. mountain house meals are dehydrated pack food and some is pretty good. grab a few and have him try them. write down the ones he likes and then stock up on a couple of them. get a small portable stove and pot for boiling the water for the mtn house and teach him how to make them on his own. once his is comfortable with that add in some cloths and go again. for a 72h bag food can be anything from mtn house to cliff bars to even canned food with a pull tab top. later i will list what i have in my 72h kit. it is an emergency only kit and not for normal comforts of life. LOL.

05 LE CC 4X4. SUPER BLACK
#25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo's SV 4x4 View Post
I've decided not to be a prepper. If the s#it hits the fan, I'll rather be a goner than to deal with the mess that will be left behind.
That's a bummer man. I love life and living on this world way too much to be a "goner".

2005 CC SE 6MT 4x4 - Avalanche White
Titan Swap: 2.5 S.A.W. Ext Res C/O's|PRG UCA|PRG Shackles|Deaver AAL|Bilstein Rear Shocks
M205 Front Diff|Titan Shafts|PRG TRE|4.56 Superior Gears|M226 Rear Diff w/ TrueTrac LSD
2" Body Lift|35" BFGoodrich KM2 M/T|17x9 KMC Addicts|AFe CAI|Superchips Tuner|XTP IMS
Hefty Fabworks Full Skid Plate Set|Shrockworks Front/Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders and Rear Diff Cover
#26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighALT View Post
That's a bummer man. I love life and living on this world way too much to be a "goner".
That's what all the "survivors" on Walking Dead think just before they are, one by one, eaten by walkers

2012 Frontier Pro4X
King Cab
Automatic
Super Black (not just black but SUPER black!)
EZDown tailgate strut
Weathertech DigitalFit mats (grey)
Diamondback HD - LineX tonneau cover

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.