MMA Thread - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Been a Fan for a Long Time

Looking forward to Belcher and Okami. I think with Belcher's previous performance over Palhares, he will dominate Okami. I like Velasquez, but think his chin is suspect ever since he got rocked by Congo. He'll have a puncher's chance and that's it. All JDS has to do is fight conservatively and defend the takedown and he can wait for his opportunity.

2011 CC 6M Pro-4x 4x4. Undercover bed cover, Hefty full skid set, AC 2" body lift, trail gear rock sliders, weathertech floor mats, GT seat covers, JVC 2Din head unit, Pyle dual headrest monitors, JVC rear view camera, PRG advanced lift, LOKKA front dif locker, Dunlop Grandtrek MT2 285/75R16.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Supposedly Cain had a torn ACL or something when they fought last time. He had it repaired so this should be pretty interesting. He has a great wrestling background but JDS also has some decent jiu jitsu but it is rarely seen because he K.O.'s everybody thats stands in front of him (aside from Big Country of course).
As far as the Diaz bros I've always thought there attitudes and personalities were pretty trashy. Their skills always made up for it. I usually hoped they would lose but they rarely did. Nate has been especially dominate in his weight class for the last couple years. As far as I'm concerned Benson Henderson really proved that he can live up to the hype by how easily he beat Nate.
#13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

If anyone is interested there is a documentary on the life of Evan Tanner starting on pay per view tonight called "Once I was a champion" The previews looked pretty cool. He was an interesting/strange dude for sure.
#14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

My picks for tonight. Should be a good card.

Dos Santos over Velasquez

Miller over Lauzon

Boetsch over Philippou

Belcher over Okami

Brunson over Leben

Also taking Guillard over Jamie Varner on undercard.
#15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Shift_Newbie

Is that the sport with all the shirtless men in brightly colored short shorts? Where the grapple with eachother then try to "choke them out?"

Im gonna go watch Oprah re-runs now...
#16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Shift_Fanatic

What a great fight between Guillard and Varner!

Sent from my Juggernaut SGS2 with T-Mobile

2011 CC SV 4X4 W/Utility Package

PERFORMANCE
Saikou Michi oil catch, Diff vent mod, Magnaflow Cat Back, Injen CAI intake, Bullydog GT Tuner, Trans Cooler Bypass, External Trans Cooler Fan.
INTERIOR/EXTERIOR
Weathertech Digital Floor Mats, Wet Okole Seat Covers, OEM Hood Deflector, LED Map/Dome Lights, GrillCraft upper and lower Mesh inserts, Pathfinder Door Switch Plates, Custom Tail Lights, De-badged tailgate, Bedlined grill and bumpers, Custom Utilitrack mounted spare tire holder.
AUDIO
Clarion CX501 HU, Hertz ESK165.5 components, Hertz ES200.5 Sub, ARC Audio KS300.4
SUSPENSION
TJM Gold Series Coilovers W/HD Springs, TJM Gold Series 1-3'' Lift Rear Shocks, SPC UCA's and 2" AAL's.
#17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Just a heads up. There is a free UFC card on FX this Saturday. Looks like a solid card. Bisping vs Belfort in the main event.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.