Any RC Car guys? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to dlettie9
Any RC Car guys?

Just wondering if we have any RC car guys on here. Nitro, electric, brushless, whatever you have, anybody out there into this stuff? If not, its a great hobby to look into, its ALOT more than just the common thought of "Oh a remote controlled car" theres actually alot of engineering and setup that goes into these things that you guys may find interesting..

I Have a traxxas Revo that i am converting to 3.3 with extended chassis and all that good stuff. I just had shoulder surgery and cant do any of the other stuff i like for over a year, so i am getting back into rc car racing/ building. Right now i have my revo torn totally down, just ordered a Spektrum radio with telementary, brand new engine, and about 30 other parts, ill post my progress as it goes. AmainHobbies said it should all be here thursday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I have so many more pictures on my digital camera that are way better quality instead of cell phone pictures , ill try and get them posted as i build

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355239371104.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	40010   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355239381019.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	40011   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355239391139.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	40012  

#3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I have a Traxxas Rustler with a Mamba Max brushless setup on it. It's got a couple RPM suspension pieces on it. Does 45 mph with 2 worn out packs of 3300 mah NiMH wired in series (14.4 volts), with my GPS strapped to it. It's been sitting in my storage building for over 2 years. Need to get it back out and get some nice LiPo packs and new charger to really turn it up. I believe I've seen some Rustlers on a few websites that'll do over 65 mph. I know the Revo's are badazz. Guy at work on my crew has one. I really want a 4wd buggy next, kinda tired of turning the wheels, and it just keeps going straight, when it's really hauling.

07 Frontier SE crewcab 4x4
Homemade 2" suspension lift, DIY body lift, homemade rock sliders, tow hitch, and hi lift mounts. MB Predators 16x8, Nitto TG's 285/75r16. 08 stock Titan exhaust.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinzak View Post
I have a Traxxas Rustler with a Mamba Max brushless setup on it. It's got a couple RPM suspension pieces on it. Does 45 mph with 2 worn out packs of 3300 mah NiMH wired in series (14.4 volts), with my GPS strapped to it. It's been sitting in my storage building for over 2 years. Need to get it back out and get some nice LiPo packs and new charger to really turn it up. I believe I've seen some Rustlers on a few websites that'll do over 65 mph. I know the Revo's are badazz. Guy at work on my crew has one. I really want a 4wd buggy next, kinda tired of turning the wheels, and it just keeps going straight, when it's really hauling.
Rustlers with a good brushless (Mamba max) or something like that will do well over 80 with a big lipo, brushless is crazy! Ive always want a Team Losi 1/8 scale 8ight buggy, With an OS motor they're insane. Anything that puts out alot of power/ torque i would go 4wd, i ran a jato 3.3 once and you cant control it. My revo with my different gearing will probably do 55 i have no clue. I am looking for handling, i ordered a sway bar set to help with that, and im going to wire a cooling fan in for the 3rd channel of my receiver to help keep it cool a little better and move more air.

Last edited by dlettie9; 12-11-2012 at 12:11 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mandangalo
I have a rustler as well. Haven't used it in years

2007 CC LE UPREV, Injen CAI, Bassani Cat-Back exhaust, WRP IMS, CP, OME light duty coils, Bilstein Adj. Struts, Alcan custom leaf pack, Bilstein 5129 rear shocks, Access Vanish Bed Cover, Pioneer Avic Z2
#6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandangalo View Post
I have a rustler as well. Haven't used it in years
My stuffs sat for well over two years, but since i can't do anything else for a while i brought it all back out to keep me busy

#7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I used to be into it. I had a few nitro trucks and some 18 scale electrics. The nitros were the best. Tuning them and getting everything dialed in was half the fun. The other half was jumping it off the roof of your house.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Tuning/ building is the best part i agree with that haha. Racing is pretty fun, not as fun as quads but i cant do that for a while cause of the shoulder thing.

#9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Shift_lurker

i have a couple of scale electric trucks,theyre kind of addictive
my most abused truck is a 1:10 titan on axial scx10 chassis and im currently building a 1:12 1st gen frontier on a tamiya cc01 chassis...
i love running scale trucks, i was into nitro a couple years back, loved the smell and noise mmmmmmmm
#10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If it wasn't such a money pit of a hobby I would have one. I have really wanted to get into it for awhile but I know it will leave me high and dry in no time if i give in to it....

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.