Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Grey rear cup holder

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  remz3 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm looking for a rear Grey cup holder. I believe the correct part is 96965ZP00D.

Please let me know the price. Preferably somewhere local in Colorado.

Thank you.

#2 ·
I may have something that you can use. What exact part are you looking for? I picked up the whole rear panel that has the cup holder in it to use a part to repair mine but I might have what you need left over. Any chance that you may have broken one or both of the hinge tabs on the fold out? If so I have some info on how they can be repaired.

#3 · (Edited)
#5 · (Edited)
I was able to repair the tabs on the colored plastic cover(gray in your case, tan in mine) that snap over the pins that make up the hinge. In the pics you can see the green plastic on the tabs. I picked up a plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight a while back and used one of the plastic welding rods from that to repair the tabs. The kit comes with PVC,ABS,and PP rods. You can get the rods by themselves as well. I tried 4 different epoxy's that said "they worked on most any type of plastic". Sure they do. None of them stuck to the plastic at all. So I figured lets give it a try it's broken anyway. I took the tip out of a low wattage soldering iron(20W) and put a short length of twisted copper wire in it place. It doesn't get as hot as the real tip so there is less chance of burning the plastic. It got just warm enough to soften it. Use the soldering iron to gently fuse the broken edges back together. After that I cut small pieces of the PP(polypropylene) rod and built up a supporting layer of the plastic around the base and side of the tab. The same technique would work for the black plastic "pins" that the tabs snap over. Just use the correct type of rod or it won't fuse correctly. Hope this helps.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.