5125 Bilsteins_Rears - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by npgtech View Post
Any idea if this would work for an Xterra?
Sorry I do not know, I am not familiar with the X suspension..
Nisstec or any other Sponsor here may be able answer that..
Our Frontiers have 2 different Shock Mount Bushings on the rear shocks..
The Upper Mount is just a Urethane Bushing for the mounting post. (Look at 3rd pic in 1st post)
The Bottom Mount has a Urethane Bushing with a Metal Sleeve for the Nut and Bolt..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Bump..
#13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: 5125 Bilsteins_Rears

How high is your lift that they were too long?

2010 P4X CC: 2.5in/2in Lift (ADF&PRG), SPC UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket w/ 4 Rigid Industries Duallys, Superchips Tuned 93 Performance w/WOT Removed & 2* timing advance, Kool Vue CAI, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Bakflip G2, Radiator bypass, LED conversion.
In Progress: WRP Pulley (in hand), IMS, exhaust, coilovers?, LED courtesy lights, OEM roof rack? super on the down-low LED light bar project(s), Cargo light delete, LED reverse floods
Axle Vent Mod & Radiator Bypass
South Jersey
#14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Odd that the shock model# ends in H7. I have these shocks, but mine end in H5 which is what the linked chart indicates. I had to look again because I didn't think that model# existed. Good luck with the sale...they work great.

Have you measured the actual compressed and extended length to make sure they are not the A465-H7? Who knows if there was a mislabel somewhere down the line.

Last edited by frontire; 02-05-2013 at 08:41 PM.
#15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyLife View Post
How high is your lift that they were too long?
These were for a 3" lift, what happened was that the OME CS150R Med Duty Leaf Pack ended up lifting the rear a full 3" instead of the 1.5"-2" as stated in the Nisstec site.
My plan was to install the Pack plus a 1" block for the 3", I installed CST Spindles at the same time, I was going for a lift of 4"Front/3"Rear.

The leaf pack with no block increased the lift from shock mounting point to mounting point 3", it simultaneously increased the bump stop/strike pad distance 3" as well..
Original plan was suppose to be 2" lift from Leaf Pack, mounting point to mounting point and bump stop/strike pad..
Then add the 1" block, that would increase the mounting points by the 1" and not increase the distance of the bump stop/strike pad, since the block goes under the pack..
The shock down stroke was about 3/4" shorter than the distance of the bump stop/ strike pad, I never bottomed out because I did not have them on long enough to find out..

Good thing today, I sold them, payment is pending ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontire View Post
Odd that the shock model# ends in H7. I have these shocks, but mine end in H5 which is what the linked chart indicates. I had to look again because I didn't think that model# existed. Good luck with the sale...they work great.

Have you measured the actual compressed and extended length to make sure they are not the A465-H7? Who knows if there was a mislabel somewhere down the line.
Not sure of the discrepency, I noticed that as well, I agree it's a very good shock I have the 6253 (22.5" extended length) installed and work very well with my set up..

I did measure the shock, 24.35" extended length..
Closed Thread

Nissan Frontier Forum > Classifieds Area > Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.