Tuners for 2012 models - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was on the JET performance website and the now have a Jet V-Force Plus Performance Module for the 2012.

JET Performance Products, Import & Domestic Performance, Performance Kits, Fuel Systems, Transmissions

They also have an upgraded hi flow MAF sensor for the 05-06, cant see why it wouldnt work in the 12

2012 Nissan Frontier SV Sport Appearance Metallic Blue
Linex Bedliner
Extang Solidfold Tonneau
Weathertech Floormats
OEM Step Bars
Airaid Quickfit Synthamax & Prefilter
Airaid Throttle Body Spacer (No TB mod)
Hypertech Tuned (93, WOTR, 650 RPM)
Coverking Spacer Mesh Seat Covers (Black/Blue Inside)

Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I'm not too convinced on the Jet. I think I'll probably be going with Hypertech or save up a little more $$$ and go for the UpRev.

R. Long
2011 SV KC 4WD
"The first time you forget to turn off the VDC before the stink, will also be the last time you forget to turn off your VDC before the stink."
#23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Yea rikrong that's my thought too. But it is another option. I'm thinking a bully dog or up rev if I can save the skittlebots. Although I've heard from other people that the bd doesn't quite work yet on the 2012 sports and u gotta supply a vin to get a custom dl module

Linex Bedliner
Extang Solidfold Tonneau
Weathertech Floormats
OEM Step Bars

Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
#24 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Shift_Newbie

I've had no problems using the Bully Dog in my 2012. Honestly, you'll not see any better MPG without changing your driving habits, but don't let that stop you from getting one. Have you ever gunned your truck from a full stop? If so you've felt that surge in power around 35 to 40 mph. The BD can get rid of that restriction so you can have access to that power at lower speeds which equals unparalleled fun! Pretty sure that any tuner that works on a Frontier can do that.

\m/_ WOOOOOO! _\m/

2012 Frontier Pro4X CC
Steelcraft 3" step bars,Hunter bull bar,Black Max tonneau, K&N drop in, custom Y pipe, Bully Dog GT, 2" spacer lift front and rear, 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers on AO Buckshot wheels
#25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Yea ive looked into those, pretty nice unit. I liked the driving coach feature, but where to put it with all my other crap in there...

Linex Bedliner
Extang Solidfold Tonneau
Weathertech Floormats
OEM Step Bars

#26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,140 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to x_mods
Blendmount

-Nate
#27 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_mods View Post
Blendmount
Not worth the price.

R. Long
2011 SV KC 4WD
"The first time you forget to turn off the VDC before the stink, will also be the last time you forget to turn off your VDC before the stink."
#28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Not worth the price.
lol, I admit it is expensive for how simple it is, but it's one of those things than I didn't want to take the time to make myself

-Nate
#29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerjoe View Post
Joe, did you notice much improvement with the Magnaflow? Did you install it the same time as the CAI? I ask because I have the NISMO CAI and the Bully Dog and am wondering if the exhaust is worth it. I don't care about the sound I am looking for power/mpg, or more accurately optimum motor output.
I love the Bully Dog, I have installed another in my Dodge Cummins and will install it any other vehicle it will apply to. I had a CAI and the larger tires installed the day I purchased my truck and the tires really bogged it down. The Bully Dog really woke this truck up. I have it on the 91 octane tune and going from Portland, Ore straight up I-5 to Olympia I can get 23 mpg if I drive by the driving coach. That's driving without touching the pedals, using the cruise control and staying at a sweet spot of 63mph.
But it is sooo much fun to smoke kids in hopped up hondas, sentras and full size trucks with V-8s "and more power".... I have no idea what the actual numbers are but the 'butt dyno' leads me to think that it is significant.
I have the BDGT, the Nismo CAI and the Magnaflow 15880 system on my rig. The only really noticeable diff with the exhaust is way better top end breathing and a little better throttle response, both mostly due to the stock y-pipe replacement.
Love the BDGT! BIG difference, unfortunately you don't get the trans shift point mod option or tire size option with the fronty version
You do get to turn off the WOT under 40 restriction. Comes in REALLY handy offroad, especially in sticky mud and snow.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR TOTM
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...-month-159009/

2014 Pro-4x CC Graphite Blue:
Radflo 2.0s w/650# springs, PRG UCAs, 285/75/16 Toyo MTs, Deaver AALs, 5125s, BDGT, Airaid Quickfit CAI, WRP crank pulley, JBA 1410s shorties, Magnaflow ss 15580, Shrock front bumper, sliders and skids, X2O 8 Comp, Factor 55 Pro Link, BTF diff cover, 20" LED bar, LED HL, map, lic, cargo and BU light conversion, 7-pin relocation, Cobra LX 29 cb

Coming soon:
New DB kit, custom rear suspension goodies from the old rig and whatever else I can't live without...

Nomad's Next Generation
Nomad's Custom BBQ Build You will be missed RIP
DB Lifts; The Good The Bad and The Ugly
#30 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad 13 View Post
I have the BDGT, the Nismo CAI and the Magnaflow 15880 system on my rig. The only really noticeable diff with the exhaust is way better top end breathing and a little better throttle response, both mostly due to the stock y-pipe replacement.
Love the BDGT! BIG difference, unfortunately you don't get the trans shift point mod option or tire size option with the fronty version
You do get to turn off the WOT under 40 restriction. Comes in REALLY handy offroad, especially in sticky mud and snow.
I think it said that you can change the trans shift points, just not the way you want too. If you increase the redline, the shift points increase the same amount.

-Nate

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Performance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.