Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Tuners for 16's

14K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  Zillon 
#1 ·
Anyone able to tune 2016's yet?

I've got friends at Superchips but they aren't working on it as of yet...

#2 ·
IFF there's any truth to a post in the Bullydog thread in the Performance section......then they just recently released a tune for '15s. So whether that translates to '16s is another matter.

#4 ·
The last post (#280) in "The Unofficial Bullydog..." thread under this header = Performance Mods.

#9 ·
IMO,if you supecharge you need something like "Perfect Power".There are a lot of alternatives
to "Uprev".

#10 ·
$$$$$$!!!

#13 · (Edited)
This link seemed to work ok for me on my phone. I can check a bit later on my desktop.

EDIT: This link also worked on my desktop using Chrome.

#14 ·
Link takes me to webgains.com...whatever that is. Firefox on my laptop here, fwiw.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well shift_rush. You are not crazy. I'm not crazy either :). This link is bouncing back and forth between webgains.com and the bully dog site.

https://www.bullydog.com/blog/nissan-infiniti-added-support

I clicked on the above link for 2 minutes straight and it went to bullydog and then for 2 minutes straight the same link went to web gains. I contacted the website support people on this one.

#17 ·
I remember calling Bullydog a while back. They insisted they had no plans to make a compatible tuner for the 15-16. I guess there were PCM changes between 14-15. They didn't feel there was enough interest to warrant a new model. Hopefully they've changed their minds.

#19 ·
Once one of you get the BullyDog up and running on a '16 can you let us know what features it has, or doesn't have, available?

#28 ·
WOT restriction is programmed into the ECU. It means that even though your accelerator foot is on the floor...the air/fuel is only at ~60% off of the line/from the git-go = you're not getting what your engine has to offer. This matters more to some than others. Personally, I want to experience what this engine can deliver...not the muted form it is now.

Put your foot into it and you'll feel the engine come to life around 40-42 mph...this is about where the programmed WOT restriction lets off.

#29 ·
i gave up on the bulldog and went to the uprev system. purchased the license and threw the truck on the dyno to do the tune. She is really awake now. And FIY CAI are a waste of money. Throw a K&N filter on our trucks OEM and its a lot better.

Curious as to what they bulldog can deliver.

#30 ·
i...went to the uprev system. purchased the license and threw the truck on the dyno to do the tune. She is really awake now. And FIY CAI are a waste of money. Throw a K&N filter on our trucks OEM and its a lot better.

Curious as to what they bulldog can deliver.
Price of admission? Sounds real intriguing! Guessing you want to arrive with performance mods already installed IE exhaust/etc... What if you choose to install headers next month...will they work/re-work w/ you, or, is it a matter of starting over w/ them?

#32 ·
Thanks for the info, Arthur C. Is it safe to say the the OEM WOT restriction has been lifted? Is there just one tune installed w/ an emphasis on performance?

#33 ·
I would say that the throttle response is a lot better now but i can not say for sure that it is 100% lifted as i have never experienced it with any other tuner.

Yes, it is mainly one tune installed and if you would like to change it, you have to connect a computer up to it in order to do it. I had mine tuned to put out as much WHP as i could but the guy who tuned it said that if i ever wanted a more economic tune on the truck to save fuel he could do it to.

My next stop is to do headers, exhaust and delete the cats for max performance.

#34 ·
I believe UpRev is the better way to go, esp from a pure performance viewpoint.
W/ the Bullydog's generic tunes there is a variety...though I'm sure none are as potent. Am intrigued by the display(s) and ease of reverting back to stock tune for servicing...so my hands are in the air as to how/where to proceed should I go down this road.
Thanks again for the info.

#35 ·
if the bullydog system ends up adding more features than just changing the shift points i will give it a shot as i do like the idea of reverting everything back to stock.

If it ends up being just change in shift points and no idle or timing adjustments i will stay with he uprev. One more reason to get a supercharger IMO

#36 ·
Well.. Got the Bullydog yesterday evening and hooked it up to the PC to update it and when looking for the newest file for Nissan I could only find one that listed up to 2014 Nissan Vehicles. Went to call Bullydog and... They closed early for a "Team Building Exercise" wtf lol.
So... Gotta wait till Monday to verify this is the correct file..

#37 ·
Bullydogs don't change shift points. I keep seeing this repeated and it's incorrect AFAIK. Unless there are multiple models.

To the best of my knowledge no tuner offered for the VQ40DE offers a change in shift points...

#39 ·
Was on the phone 3x today with Bullydog... Updated tuner.. Downloaded this... Take over my comp that... Still no bueno..
Said they had to add my file to their database and to call them Wed or Thursday

#40 ·
It works!! Spent about 15min on the phone with Bully Dog this AM and they got my part# added to their database. Hooked it up to the truck and it took the tune first try.
I installed the Regular tune since I'm running 87 in it right now. I was able to raise speed limiter, idle, Rev limiter, and the timing. Feels good so far...

#47 ·
If you wanna see whats going on with your engine you should see about getting the Torque Pro app and the EX for Nissan plug-in for it. It shows fuel temp, oil temp, timing, coolant temp, basically all sorts of stuff. You can also set it up with custom displays as in small, medium, or large readouts and up to seven windows of different gauges. Plus, you can log certain sensors and download them to your PC or laptop. And best of all, its cheap. I've been running it on my truck for the past couple years now and love it. I don't go anywhere without first setting it up. And, as a side note, I am in NO WAY affiliated with Torque Pro. I just read thru this thread and noticed several of you wanting to have a way of seeing whats going on with your trucks and thought I'd throw this in the mix.
There are a couple small things however. Im pretty sure it only works with android systems. So those of you with i-phones might be stuck unless you have an android based phone/tablet available. And you need whats called a blue-tooth 'dongle' that plugs into the OBDII port to send the signal to your phone/tablet. In order to run the Torque app along with the BD you'll also need to get an OBDII splitter. It's just a cord that splits the OBD port from one connection into two connections.
IMHO its a really good and cheap way of getting a good baseline so when you finally do get a tuner you can see just what, if anything, has changed. Just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.