Superchips Cortex VS Bully Dog Triple GT? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Superchips Cortex VS Bully Dog Triple GT?

I have an 07 Frontier 4x4 SE. I have seen a handful of threads on each of these products and it seems they are both pretty good. I am wondering if one is much better than the other, and what ppls preferences are. I'm more concerened with performance than I am MPG's. I currently have a K&N intake and a Magnaflow exhaust. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I think they are pretty close performance wise, but you can't beat the customer service of Superchips. There's a $50 rebate on the Cortex right now.

09 SE King Cab 4x4
#3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Shift_lurker

thanks Lakerunner. Does anyone have any experience with the Hypertech chip or know how it stacks up againts the Superhcips and Bullydog?
#4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Shift_Obsessed

I have the Hyperteck, I don't have anything to compare it to except stock, and I absolutely love it!!! As others will agree, anything that eliminates the WOT restriction, is worth it for that alone. Superchips was the first quality hand held available, and I haven't heard any complaints. If you want data logging, Superchips is a good option, if not then consider the Hypertech. I run BFG AT 305/70/16 on the 87 octane tune, still feels plenty fast and pulls my enclosed trailers great.
Haven't read much about bully dog, you'll have to do some research there.
Good luck

iPhone app

07 4x4 CC LB, Alpine Radio/Nav, Bilstein adjustable shocks with AC LD coils (3"), Bump Stop mod, 1.5" rear blocks, 2" body Lift, 305/70/16 BFG AT's, Pro Comp 1089, Hypertech tuned, Extang Express Tonno, Cabela's sport seat covers, Heated seats, Curt front hitch, CXJ IMS, Volant CAI, Jungle Flares

"I aint sayin its right, but I understand" Chris Rock
#5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Just for reference, this is what I push and pull

iPhone app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1322875617.853649.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	34396   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1322875631.888514.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	34397   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1322875645.556058.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	34398  

07 4x4 CC LB, Alpine Radio/Nav, Bilstein adjustable shocks with AC LD coils (3"), Bump Stop mod, 1.5" rear blocks, 2" body Lift, 305/70/16 BFG AT's, Pro Comp 1089, Hypertech tuned, Extang Express Tonno, Cabela's sport seat covers, Heated seats, Curt front hitch, CXJ IMS, Volant CAI, Jungle Flares

"I aint sayin its right, but I understand" Chris Rock
#6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I run the Bully Dog

I don't have experience with the others but I run the Bully Dog and am pleased. I got a great deal and their customer service has been good.

2011 White Frontier Pro4x CC 4x4, PRG 2" spacer, Injen intake, Jet TBS, Magnaflow exhaust, Lund trifold tunneau,
#7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Shift_Hardcore

I have the Superchips Cortex.
at the time Autozone.com had it cheaper than any where else but that was a year or so ago. I have zero complaints about it for sure. I've messed around with all the different tunes from performance to gas saver to towing and in my opinion, the gas saver mode is dumb but the towing mode is great for towing or just daily driving and the performance tunes give it a lot of pep and much better throttle response. Love it! best thing i've ever bought for the truck. i've never used a bullydog or hypertech so i can't really compare any of them to another. good luck.

2006 2wd LE crew cab. 6" suspension lift via CST spindles and prg spacers. removed sway bar, 1.5" rear block, 2"AAL, prg adjustable shackles. Knockoff magnaflo muffler, K&N intake system. Rattle can bedliner on the front grille, duplicolor orange-red on the grille, tailgate and wheel emblems. plastidip wheels. 285/70R17 goodyear duratrac tires. Calmini prerunner front bumper, Cobra CB radio. OEM bug deflector and vent visors. 1.25" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers on the rear to even out the track width front and back. bushwacker fender flares unpainted.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

i just picked up my Superchips Cortex used from a member here. Love the heck out of it. i have only messed w/ the 91 octane tune so far and the WOT. Let me tell you; it is plenty quick right now. I cant wait to play w/ the 93 tune next.

05' Frontier CC LE 4x4: Nisstec C/O, AC Shackles, 32's, NXRocks engine & rad. skid, Airaid, Superchips Tuned, Softopper
The Following User Says Thank You to LuxoFronti05 For This Useful Post:
Dennis (12-03-2011)
#9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Shift_lurker

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm probably just going to do some shopping around and see what I can get the best deal on.

2007 4x4 Crew Cab SE, K&N Intake
Magnaflow Exhaust, XTP Intake Manifold Spacer
PRG Leveling Kit, 18in Ultra's with Nitto AT's
#10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Uprev. Change you tunes on the fly. Cant really be beat. But its gonna be a few hundred more bucks. dont rule it out though.

2006 Nismo KC 6-Speed
--UPREV--K&N FIPK--OBX HEADERS--XTP IMS--PRG Mini Lift--Custom Exhaust--Secondary Cat Delete--Amsoil Driveline Fluids--SICK>SPEED Oil Catch Can--

My Truck : http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...s-nismo-71105/

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Performance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.