Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Superchips for 2008?

8K views 68 replies 23 participants last post by  Scott@Superchips 
#1 ·
I dont think I can wait much longer for Superchips to release their tuner before I just buy the Hypertech tuner. Can anyone tell me when they will be releaseing theirs? :(:pullout::pullout:

#2 ·
PM Scott.

#3 ·
I sent this thread to Scott@superchips to respond to. He said a while back that they were working on the 08 Titan and that the Frontier would follow. I understand your situation, but with the amount of features that the Cortex offers and a lower price with the group buy discount, I would want to hear what Scott says. You could buy the hypertech now but you wont recover what you paid for it if you want the Cortex when its ready for the 08.

#8 ·
Cool! I got the Cortex last Friday, patiently waiting for the 08 tunes......

#6 ·
great! I will keep holding on thanks for the reply Scott.

#10 ·
I bought the Hypertech a few weeks ago because they had it for my 08 and I like the results....keeps the abls system on its toes!

Depending on what the Cortex has to offer over the hypertech I would consider buying one of them too. With hypertech you need to buy another unit to go to gas saver mode, would be nice if you could change back and forth depending on your needs.

#11 · (Edited)
I got the Bullydog power pup I havnt installed it yet but I will tell all when I do. It offers more than the Cortex... In my opinion. Its for 05 to 09 frontiers. You can : Adjust WOT, Idle rpm, rpm limiter from 3000 to 6400, speed limiter from 40 to 180, performance, stock, regular tune, and adjust the timing plus or minus 2 degrees.

#12 ·
Have heard that Superchips is real close to geting to 08's done.

#18 ·
Is there a Trial period that i could make sure that it works? BullyDog had one. There downloader didnt have the WOT and I was able to get a full refund. I just wondered if you guys did such a thing.

#21 ·
autoanything has it for 376 with free shipping. They only list 05-07 still, but that still works since you update it on superchips site anyways right?

#22 ·
hey scott I just tryied to buy it through superchips and the group buy discount is gone! Any way to get it back up for us 2008 owner chomping at the bit to buy?

#35 · (Edited)
.....again, us 2008 owners get the shaft
^ :laugh: I completely forgot that I had one till' this thread! (GB last year)

:) Downloaded... I'll be back.

add/edit: It WORKS!
On Perf. tune now tried tow/perf. and XS..
Raining in Cali. now :-(

#32 ·
Don't forget that it is Nissan that uses so many different ECU's. You can call any Nissan parts dept and give them your VIN to lookup your ECU part number. Then give Superchips tech support a call to see if your ECU is in their database.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.