post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to downhill1226
Lightbulb SeaFoam

my buddy just seafoamed his 96 trans am. the pinging whent away and he has smooth idling
my other friend seafoamed his 99 mustang and got the same reasults. my trans am bro gave me these instrustions off of the LS1 LT1 website
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534376

thats instrustions for the trans. where can i find frontier instrustions on seafoam?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Shift_lurker

Good instructions. These would work for us to. Only consider a bit less in the crankcase as we have less oil. One thing that has worked well for me is to take some tubing that will reduce the brake booster vacuum line so that an inflation needle (the kind for a football) will mate up. Inserting this into the seafoam works like an oriface to limit the flow into the engine.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Shift_Newbie

I did this with my dad's 96 F-150 with 135,000 miles. It was unreal how much better his truck ran, and it was also fun fogging all the mosquitoes with the carbon deposits out of his truck.

'08 SE V6 CC LWB
2WD, AT
Storm Gray
AVS Ventvisors
Volant CAI
Sportsman Camo Seat Covers
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bigtanks View Post
Good instructions. These would work for us to. Only consider a bit less in the crankcase as we have less oil. One thing that has worked well for me is to take some tubing that will reduce the brake booster vacuum line so that an inflation needle (the kind for a football) will mate up. Inserting this into the seafoam works like an oriface to limit the flow into the engine.
we have more oil than an LT1/LS1. they are 5qts and we are closer to 6. i have never used seafoam but everyone on the jeep forum im on raves about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickyboyboo View Post
I did this with my dad's 96 F-150 with 135,000 miles. It was unreal how much better his truck ran, and it was also fun fogging all the mosquitoes with the carbon deposits out of his truck.
i used amsoil power foam in my 87 monte carlo SS, it was funny to watch her blow smoke rings out the tail pipes.

05 LE CC 4X4. SUPER BLACK

Last edited by Mylt1; 04-02-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Shift_Hardcore

I've used it in my jetski and it works great, never thought about using it in the truck since its pretty new. Hmmmm, maybe I'll try it.

-Jason

06 SE KC 4x4 - Black
Exterior: 20% Tint, Truxedo TruxPort Cover, Chrome Door Handle and Mirror Covers, Billet Grille, ICI Nerf Bars, 2" PRG Mini Lift, Redline Tuning Hood Lift Struts, 20" Ultra 248 Series w/ 275/55/20 Nitto TerraGrapplers
Performance:
SUPERCHIPS TUNED!!
, Airaid Quick Fit Intake, Poweraid TBS

2007 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 - K&N Filter, AMR Monster Coil, Power Now, Cycra M2 Handgaurds, WARN RT15 Winch, HMF Sport Slip-On, Dune Gear 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Dynojet Kit
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to mudpunisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
we have more oil than an LT1/LS1. they are 5qts and we are closer to 6. i have never used seafoam but everyone on the jeep forum im on raves about it.
it looks like the original poster has a first gen, if it is the 3.3 it holds 3.5 qts and the 2.4 holds 4 i think.

but this is def a good write up on how to do this, we do it all day at work its pretty much the same on every car we do

No Limit 4x4 - Myspace
Mudspace
MY SAS thread - http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=16214

2002 XE 2wd, 130000k miles, torsion bar removal mod
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Shift_lurker

After reading this write-up, I decided to go out a do this to my Fronty. God knows I need all the help I can get getting better gas mileage (13city/17hwy), maybe cleaning out some deposits might help.

Anyway, I added the proper amounts to the fuel and oil. I'll be getting my oil changed within the week anyway so might as well give it a cleaning.

Then I added the proper amount into the vacuum line with the truck running. Definitely made some nice white clouds of smoke. Turned it off and let it sit about 5 min or so, then went for a drive. WOW did I make some GET AWAY smoke. After a couple of red lines it was all cleared up again.

Now pray to the gas gods I get some better mpgs

K&N CAI
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to beefy242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpunisher View Post
it looks like the original poster has a first gen, if it is the 3.3 it holds 3.5 qts and the 2.4 holds 4 i think.

but this is def a good write up on how to do this, we do it all day at work its pretty much the same on every car we do
yep, the 2.4 holds about 3.75 qts. the deal is, im not sure on how many miles I should do this at. im pretty close to 44000 if not over (havent checked in a good 2 months i believe) so i was thinking at 50k I was going to change the tranny oil, diff oil, engine at whatever interval it was at, sea foam, and do another fuel system cleaner even though the sea foam pretty much does everything. plus check if every bolt that I can see is tight and get a full professional detailing job.

cardomain page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2425259/1
itsmynissan page: http://itsmynissan.com/beefy242
gamertag: The Real Johnso Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/cutestshitever
1st Gen 4 banger.

"There are 270,000,000 firearms in the United States under private ownership. Only .000035% of them are used in crimes. It's not the gun, it's the criminal."

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront
i've used seafoam in several vehicles (including a KA24DE 240sx, same motor as a gen1 4 banger), it worked great. i don't know about using it on a newer truck, most of the ones i've used it on were older vehicles with 100k+ miles. just be aware that after you put it in the brake booster line it's going to smoke really bad and knock when you try to drive it. some people say it fouls spark plugs. i never had a problem with this but it may have to do with the plugs (gen 2's use iridium, not the old style plugs, so that may change things, i don't know)

Patrick // 06 KC Nismosis 6 spd Storm Gray
Mods: lots... Uprev tuned: 257whp & 292 ft lbs
09 Pontiac G8 GXP // M6 // Sunroof // Tint... For Now
http://jpmcgphotography.smugmug.com <-- My Photography

"I prefer to drive manuals because I prefer to drive, not be driven."
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Send a message via AIM to downhill1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SECCSB View Post
After reading this write-up, I decided to go out a do this to my Fronty. God knows I need all the help I can get getting better gas mileage (13city/17hwy), maybe cleaning out some deposits might help.

Now pray to the gas gods I get some better mpgs
yea the reason i posted this thread was because im seafoaming tomorrow. please let me know how it works. god know what it will do to my first gen with 104,500 miles :P

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Performance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.