lack of power on my 03 3.3 SC - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lack of power on my 03 3.3 SC

Hello, new to the forum and seeing a lot of good things. My truck seems like it has turbo lag. Really weak getting to 3000 RPMs with a bone stock 3.3 sc, 5 speed. Looking into the 2.3 smaller pulley, Cold air intake and really interested in running some headers. Every place i look says non supercharged only but come to find out i can run those Headers. Price for performance what should i go with? Also, can i have the timming moved up 2 degrees with the supercharger? I tow a boat with good gas and no ping, but other times i put cheap gas no towing and it has pinged at lower RPM. So i figure 91 octane with timming increase is ok but just wondered if i could do it. Finally my clutch is getting soft and would like a beafy new one that will be bullet proof. My throw out bearing is humming at times so i would like a set up that should be able to put the power down with no problems, thank Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Shift_Newbie

I am also curious on bumping up the timing with the first gen trucks
#3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I have an '01 SC 5spd and would also like a bit of a "boost" while also picking up some good ole mpg's. If your not to worried about gas milage I have heard positive things about the smaller pulley (only negative being engine wear). If you want better gas milage i would look in to the e-fan mod, intake, exhaust, potentially headers (eliminate cats on our trucks), or the nismo rims for the 1st gens (they are 16" and weigh only 14.4lbs versus roughly 30lbs for stock). I have installed a K&N intake and a magnaflow muffler and am averaging 18.5 miles per gallon with a moderate gain in power. I hope this was somewhat helpful to you. Keep me posted on what you do as I am interested in some additional mods.

'01 Silver SC CC 5sp
Performance- Custom Magnaflow system, K&N FIPK CAI
Aesthetic- Sylvania Silverstars, Stubby Antenna, Billet Grill, Alpine CDA Deck, Alpine MRP F240, Aftermarket Speakers (previous owner), Alpine MRP M500, 2 8" Rockford Fosgate Punch's, and a Monster Aux hookup
more performance to come...soon
#4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to NissanTy
run premium fuel at all times in the s/c trucks, run regular and the computer goes into safe mode and drops the boost on your s/c which will make your truck feel sluggish, also go to autozone to see if you have a code for a knock sensor it won't throw a CEL but if the ks goes bad that too will go into safe mode and drop boost, if all goes well then mod her up, contact 4x4parts to see about the centerforce clutch as from what i hear they make pretty good clutches, with headers, exhaust,intake,and smaller pulley you'll get a pretty good amount of power increase. good luck and good modding my friend.

2004 XE KC V6 4X4
#5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Shift_Newbie

Also check your codes for a failed knock sensor. I am not sure it triggers the CEL so if it is gone the computer detunes the engine and robs you of power.

I'd be interested in learning more about available headers or even performance manifolds as I am told none are available up here.

Not much to say. Lots of mods on the To Do list.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Performance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.